We Need HELP with Our INSURANCE!!!!

First, I want to say thanks to everyone who has contributed. Just to let everyone know that we may not have receipts for everything but we have photos for almost everything. I believe this is why insurance company didn't deny us out rightly because we have photos for most of the things.

They said they evaluated our things to be worth 22 hundred and due to depreciated value they would be paying 17 hundred. That is not half of what we lost but we would take it and move on with our lives because I am a believer that in no time we would have everything bought back. Thanks to everyone again for all the response and advice. I appreciate

Just a small bit of advice....
Change your renters policy to provide replacement cost coverage. Items would not have been depreciated and you would have gotten the value to replace them.

It doesn't cost much to make this change.

Hopefully, you see the value in having the coverage now.

Dan

Just a small bit of advice....
Change your renters policy to provide replacement cost coverage. Items would not have been depreciated and you would have gotten the value to replace them.

It doesn't cost much to make this change.

Hopefully, you see the value in having the coverage now.

Dan

Not only in seeing the benefits of having the coverage, but in having an agent help you, too. If you don't know the difference in RC and ACV, then you will pick the cheaper one. If you don't know limits and exclusions, you will assume everything is covered like most people think. Have your insurance reviewed by an agent because you already see how your policies cover you in a loss- it's almost like giving your money away when a loss comes rather than having a real policy. Have someone point out other possible issues BEFORE they become an issue. That is what we are for. We don't even cost more to use!

First, I want to say thanks to everyone who has contributed. Just to let everyone know that we may not have receipts for everything but we have photos for almost everything.

Initially you said you didn't have photos, that makes a big difference.

They said they evaluated our things to be worth 22 hundred and due to depreciated value they would be paying 17 hundred. That is not half of what we lost but we would take it and move on with our lives because I am a believer that in no time we would have everything bought back.

One last suggestion. Sometimes they'll depreciate the loss, but if you buy it again and have the receipts for the purchase, they'll be able to give you the difference. I had a bunch of stuff from my house stolen when I had moved away and the initial payout was a percentage based on the depreciation, but they gave me the option of buying new. I lucked out because the geniuses stole a broken DVD player, a broken printer, and some DVD's I couldn't sell. My wife lost because she always tells me to get rid of junk and this time I managed to "sell" it.

I initially didn't know we had photos because they took our laptop. But I remembered I saved all my photos in dropbox which I checked and luckily for us they were right there in the clouds.

I already bout an iPad back and also got a laptop as a gift from my dad but the laptop is cheap and wouldn't show them that receipt but I may just show them the iPad receipt if that would bring in extra 100 or 200 bucks.... Next time I would have receipts and photos of everything so they could never screw me over again.

Thanks everyone. God bless y'all

I initially didn't know we had photos because they took our laptop. But I remembered I saved all my photos in dropbox which I checked and luckily for us they were right there in the clouds.

I already bout an iPad back and also got a laptop as a gift from my dad but the laptop is cheap and wouldn't show them that receipt but I may just show them the iPad receipt if that would bring in extra 100 or 200 bucks.... Next time I would have receipts and photos of everything so they could never screw me over again.

Thanks everyone. God bless y'all

You can also take a camera and walk through the house, going over every item. Bring the video to your INSURANCE AGENT (that you should be getting now, you aren't paying to use them really) and let them keep it on file. It is more encompassing in showing what you have, you can film serial numbers and everything on that and it gets a lot easier.

You can also take a camera and walk through the house, going over every item. Bring the video to your INSURANCE AGENT (that you should be getting now, you aren't paying to use them really) and let them keep it on file. It is more encompassing in showing what you have, you can film serial numbers and everything on that and it gets a lot easier.

Thanks for the advice I will do just that. I will cancel my present insurance and get another and video cam everything we got. As of now I can't buy a tv back cos I constantly think they would come steal it again. I also carry my laptop with me in the car every where I go now. Not just the laptop but every mobile thing that is worth a couple of hundreds. When I have another insurance and with a video showing our items then I will have a little assurance that I would get reimbursed if another *** decides to break into our house.

We lost too much the last time and would never happen again. Thanks again to every body who advised in one way or another. I say thank you to all.

Don't cancel your current policy, correct it if you need to. Sit down with your agent and understand it a bit better.

You just got a payout from a policy you admitted you were about to cancel. Stop and think about what you need first, then check out the options.

Dan

Back