Weird Group Clause

UPDATE - Aetna & Humana require that any other insurance be cancelled. It took them awhile to respond in writing but that is their answer. Good News - World will allow him to continue the Group coverage and have individual coverage as long as it is stated clearly on the app that the individual policy will be for secondary coverage! If an accident happens, he would first have to submit it under the Group and have it declined, then submit the letter of decline and the bill to World.

When I worked at a multiline agency I gave a class to our CSR's for commercial lines because they were having owners opt out of workers comp. I explained to them that this is a very dangerous thing to do to clients. At that time in NM all individual and group policies exclude coverage for on the job injuries. So people where opting out of workers comp and thinking that it would be covered by major medical. But it wasn't. One way to deal with this is to write a disability plan and an accident plan. It may not cover all of the expense but it is better than nothing.
I went to the training for IAC and you can opt to have 24 on the job coverage for work related injuries added to the policy. There is an additional fee but the coverage is possible.

Back