What Color Suit, Shirt and Tie is Best/acceptable for my Business Card?

the cheesier the better, i have my face on the business card

on clothing/fashion forum, they say charcoal suit for younger people to make them look older and navy for older people to make them look younger

LOL its actually a requirement for the company I signed with to have a picture on the business cards.

I gotcha, than I would go with shirt off... Ladies will love it!

How about a suit coat with no tie? I actually know a lot of people that would rather do business with people that do not wear ties. If you have to wear a tie, I'd go with a neutral color.

Suit? Almost no one wears suits any more.. Comes off as stiff and formal. In fact, very few still wear a sport coat or Blazer with a tie. Seems most agents, even in the upscale P&C shops are wearing a polo shirt with dress slacks.

John Savage wore green suits... and still dressed better than Ben Feldman.

A business headshot, if it's for clients, should show you being professional, yet approachable. I'd recommend a jacket and a dress shirt (not white) or polo... but no tie.

A headshot for publications or other "company" business... should be in a suit and showing you looking like a true authority and expert in your line of work.

Suit? Almost no one wears suits any more.. Comes off as stiff and formal. In fact, very few still wear a sport coat or Blazer with a tie. Seems most agents, even in the upscale P&C shops are wearing a polo shirt with dress slacks.

You mean like Jake from State Farm?

Short sleeve white shirt with black tie...preferably a tie that is too short. Also need a pocket protector. Lastly, put on a pair of glasses een if you don't need them. It screams insurance expert and you will be preceived as an expert in your field.

Back