What Do You Think About This?

Mark

Guru
5000 Post Club
Georgia
Okay, let me tell you what I’m thinking about doing and tell me what you think.
Since I’m an insurance agent and I own insurance websites, but I don’t sell all insurance products, I’m thinking about adding banners on my website that they can click on for other kinds of insurance that I don’t sell.

I only sell Life Insurance on my website. So I could put up banners for clients to click on it to take them to a website that offers what I don’t.

I will make so much per click, or when they buy something.

I have found a couple of companies that will pay me to do this.

Any thoughts on this? I just can’t see where I can lose, if they don’t sell life insurance on the websites they get linked to.

Bad idea in my opinion...

1. You have no idea how trustworthy the site you're linking to is.
2. Why would you ever put something to take a potential client away from your site? It's hard enough getting people to your site.
3. As soon as I see an advertisement, google adwords or banner on any financial site, I leave. To me it's unprofessional. That's just my opinion, but I'm sure there are many others who think this way.

I think the better way to go would be to add or incorporate quote request ability for the areas you do not handle and then share/sell/trade them with a trusted partner that does.
They'll appreciate the business, won't go after yours, and may even send you business in return.

Me three. You can have a "Partners" section or something along those lines that would be reciprocal with and linked to your partners.

Back