What Health Plan to Use for Diabetes Client in Ohio?

Thanks, Chumps. I'm looking at the DOI now.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Damn, even the hospital indemnity policies I sell decline coverage on insulin dependency. I may just have to give him info on the Ohio DOI open enrollment and national risk pool next month and milk him for referrals. Good thing is he works as a hairdresser, which means he knows TONS of people who need all kinds of life, health, and indemnity insurance.

Last edited:
Thanks, Chumps. I'm looking at the DOI now.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Damn, even the hospital indemnity policies I sell decline coverage on insulin dependency. I may just have to give him info on the Ohio DOI open enrollment and national risk pool next month and milk him for referrals. Good thing is he works as a hairdresser, which means he knows TONS of people who need all kinds of life, health, and indemnity insurance.

You wanna be the guys hero, check and see if they have a premium assistance through the DOI, go in person and help him do the forms for the Risk pool and the premium assist. Give him a stack of cards when you leave.

I've done all the paperwork, helped about 10 people sign up for AccessTN, I bet I've sold 5 policies from referrals off those people. They WILL hand out your cards and tell people what you did.

"They WILL hand out your cards and tell people what you did"

You're right. Just hope they aren't the people he is chatting with at the hospital while they are getting their kidney dialysis together!

I was concerned that might actually happen, but it hasn't happened yet. No flood thus far of people wanting me to help with AccessTN enrollments.

100% of the people that needed risk pool were internet leads. 100% of the referrals I got from those people were healthy.

Thanks guys. I'm going to help him in the Ohio Open Enrollment. I called the Ohio DOI and apparently our risk pool will be online in September (they are not ready to go online yet apparently). There are some plans that only cost $400ish which I don't think is all that bad. Unfortunately, there is no premium assistance (according to the Ohio DOI rep) so he would ahve to pay out of it from his own pocket.

Back