What is the Best Way to Collect Referrals

Asking for 5 friends and their numbers was something I was taught back in 2009. I did it for about a year but it just felt too sleezy calling these people. It was nothing more than a cold call even when I asked the client to let the referral know I'd be calling.

OK, I'll bite. How may FE referrals have you gotten using that?

----------

You earn them. There is no other way. You will get advice from people on how to get them but those people have never sold FE for a living and never gotten referrals with the nonsense they will tell.

They will be desk jockeys without a clue.

From what I'm told I get far more referrals than the average FE agent. I have never once asked for a referral. I send thank you cards after the sale. I deliver policies. My clients call me for bank changes, bene changes, moves, etc.

I answer call or I return them if they leave a message.

If you want to lose a client just go in asking for 5 names of their friends and relatives and then call those people up saying who told you to call.:yes:

I have never sold final expense. I used this method with LTC appointments in the late 90's. It works.

I never cold called the referrals.

I had cards that said "May I Introduce" on the front; on the inside it had a place for my business cards. My client would sign the inside of the card.

I would mail their signed introduction card with an approach letter.

Then a week later I would call them.

It worked great.

I haven't needed to or asked for referrals in 15 years.

But this did work.

I have never sold final expense. I used this method with LTC appointments in the late 90's. It works.

I never cold called the referrals.

I had cards that said "May I Introduce" on the front; on the inside it had a place for my business cards. My client would sign the inside of the card.

I would mail their signed introduction card with an approach letter.

Then a week later I would call them.

It worked great.

I haven't needed to or asked for referrals in 15 years.

But this did work.

All that when you could have just answered, NONE?

Back