What is this all about?

I tried to sell a Medicare advantage plan yesterday in my underwear. Needless to say they slammed the door in my face and said they were calling the police.:D

No Pictures, No pictures. :D

The only problem I see with that concept is that new agents are told that and they believe it because they want ot believe it. The result is they fail miserably and don't have a clue why. The "big guys" said it would it would work, so why am I broke? "I must be a failure."

I can't remember the thread title but it was started by Al3 and shows an ad where it is stated that an agent can make $250,000 a year selling using the internet. That should be illegal.

Frank - I have to second your comment - as a brand spanking new agent- it's so hard to resist the temptation of signing up for this annuity sales program - or that life ins. sales program - that PROMISES 200,250,300K a yr. I WANT it to be true.. But I have been down similar roads in the past (not with insurance but 'direct sales') and I KNOW better. I may be green in the insurance industry, but I know nothing comes without investing your time and hard work.

When I was captive the manager ran an ad that said:

Show Me the Money!

First year income $150,000
No experience necessary, work from home, free leads.
Call and get started today.

He was so proud of the ad, for real. I belive most of the calls came from pay phones and I'm sure the person calling had to bum a quarter to make the call.​

I told him I thought that was terrible and he just laughed. This is the same guy who gave me a couple hours of training, if that, my first day, a stack of apps and a voter registration list. Those were my "free leads".​

In case you are wondering, the ran the ad after I started and I didn't respone to that one. The ad I responded to only said $100,000. :D

Back