What is Your Number One Way to Generate New Business?

PatrickJoseph

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Aside from working your current book of business, what have you found to be the number one source of new business for your agency?

yeah i mean referrals are great . working your warm market .. but outside of that, what are you doing?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
im working my book as well, i have tried direct mail... i still have telemarketers and i still use internet leads . i get leads from two companies, one claims to be exclusive, and one guarantees the contact on the lead. telemarketing has worked best for me. i know it's sort of an ancient technology at this point but it has helped grow my book of business consistently for the past 8 years.

Last edited:
I like to learn as well. What are you doing to generate business? What works for you?

There probably isn't anything new or magical in the business department. Your choices are:

- Internet leads
- Direct mail
- Telemarket
- Center of Influence marketing (realtors, car dealers, mortgage brokers, etc)
- Social events (Church, Rotary, BNI, Chamber, etc)
- Walk and talks
- Door knocking
- Community sponsorship / marketing
- Booth at local events

Probably missed a few, but let me know if you have anything new.

Dan

1. Referrals
2. Testimonials on your website, if you have one
3. Social Networking
4. Face to face networking
5. Writing Articles
6. Speaking to the appropriate audiences
7. Write a book
8. Writing for the appropriate magazines-online/offline
9. Volunteering

All are time consuming and hard work but will pay off over time.

RichS

yeah i've started article writing and blogging. Always doing community events, we are the sponsor and im the coach of my sons basketball team . never went door to door...i live in chicago so the weather isn't always cooperating.

Aside from working your current book of business, what have you found to be the number one source of new business for your agency?

By far my number one source of business is leads from a mailer. I purchase mine now thru EFES.

I get a good number of referral, but, those giving me referral came from first becoming my clients because of a mailer they returned..

I work my book of business, but, they also became my book because of sending in a mailer.

Am I being clear on where my business comes from?

Back