What Normally Happens in this Type of Situation...

kevinm440

On Sunday, 06/23 I was driving down a street in my neighborhood when a careless driver quickly reversed out of a driveway without checking for traffic and sideswiped the rear passenger door of my brand new, 2014 KIA Forte EX. I am in shock, I haven't even had the car more than 3 weeks and its already been in an accident that wasn't my fault. I tried to brake and swerve to avoid it, but they were reversing so quickly and not looking back,
that I couldn't avoid it. I obviously have the right-of-way and the other party is clearly at fault. However, they are blaming me, telling me that I was going too fast. No, I was going about 30mph (the speed limit).

Here's where it gets really frustrating. These people were visiting from Mexico, driving their own car, licensed, registered, and insured in Mexico. I haven't gotten anything accomplished with their insurance. I'm just getting the runaround with attitude by the same lady.

I have since filed a claim with my insurance company, which I completely trust, and it's been smooth sailing from here. I didn't trust Ace Seguros (their insurance). My car is at the local KIA dealer's body shop and I have a rental car from Enterprise.

Being that these careless idiots are living in another country, will they get away with this? State Farm said they are going to represent me after all is completed so they can TRY and get my $500 deductible back and State Farm can get the repair costs back.

I'm so stressed out about all of this.

I have actually dealt with Ace Seguros before, and they are not exactly some third world carrier, which is what you seem to think. They are part of The Ace Group (one of the worlds larger insurance providers). I am not sure what "runaround with attitude" means, and you will have to elaborate on that a litte. Some people's version of "the runaround" is being required to provide information that supports your claim, and others like to call having to call a 2nd telephone number "the runaround".

As far as getting your deductible "back", well, your deductible is part of your insurance, which you ultimately filed the claim against. You might not get it, and they are being very nice in their efforts to attempt to recover the deductible for you..

On Sunday, 06/23 I was driving down a street in my neighborhood when a careless driver quickly reversed out of a driveway without checking for traffic and sideswiped the rear passenger door of my brand new, 2014 KIA Forte EX. I am in shock, I haven't even had the car more than 3 weeks and its already been in an accident that wasn't my fault. I tried to brake and swerve to avoid it, but they were reversing so quickly and not looking back,
that I couldn't avoid it. I obviously have the right-of-way and the other party is clearly at fault. However, they are blaming me, telling me that I was going too fast. No, I was going about 30mph (the speed limit).

Here's where it gets really frustrating. These people were visiting from Mexico, driving their own car, licensed, registered, and insured in Mexico. I haven't gotten anything accomplished with their insurance. I'm just getting the runaround with attitude by the same lady.

I have since filed a claim with my insurance company, which I completely trust, and it's been smooth sailing from here. I didn't trust Ace Seguros (their insurance). My car is at the local KIA dealer's body shop and I have a rental car from Enterprise.

Being that these careless idiots are living in another country, will they get away with this? State Farm said they are going to represent me after all is completed so they can TRY and get my $500 deductible back and State Farm can get the repair costs back.

I'm so stressed out about all of this.

I'm no P&C expert but I have had two close friends that have been in wrecks with undocumented non-residents with zero insurance. It did not go well at all for either of them. Regardless of where you stand on immigration, driving (badly) with no auto insurance is a huge problem.

I'm no P&C expert but I have had two close friends that have been in wrecks with undocumented non-residents with zero insurance. It did not go well at all for either of them. Regardless of where you stand on immigration, driving (badly) with no auto insurance is a huge problem.

Lol he didn't say anything about illegal's. He said "visiting from Mexico, licensed, registered and insured in Mexico".

I know some crazies want everyone to call illegal's everything but illegal, but I have not yet seen them referred to as "visitors". (I am sure it will be a new thing soon though)

Sounds like someone has some pent up hostility :D

Lol he didn't say anything about illegal's. He said "visiting from Mexico, licensed, registered and insured in Mexico".

I know some crazies want everyone to call illegal's everything but illegal, but I have not yet seen them referred to as "visitors". (I am sure it will be a new thing soon though)

Sounds like someone has some pent up hostility :D

The only hostility I have is against uninsured drivers. If you have insurance, I'm fine with you.

And if you think I'm against immigrants you couldn't be more wrong. I blame the useless politicians for not making a system to document, register, tax and fairly help people who want to be US citizens. At least one that people can follow.

The only hostility I have is against uninsured drivers. If you have insurance, I'm fine with you.

And if you think I'm against immigrants you couldn't be more wrong. I blame the useless politicians for not making a system to document, register, tax and fairly help people who want to be US citizens. At least one that people can follow.

Different debate entirely (and I never said you were against immigrants), was just pointing out that you obviously did not read the OP entirely, based on your response to it.

I have actually dealt with Ace Seguros before, and they are not exactly some third world carrier, which is what you seem to think. They are part of The Ace Group (one of the worlds larger insurance providers). I am not sure what "runaround with attitude" means, and you will have to elaborate on that a litte. Some people's version of "the runaround" is being required to provide information that supports your claim, and others like to call having to call a 2nd telephone number "the runaround".

As far as getting your deductible "back", well, your deductible is part of your insurance, which you ultimately filed the claim against. You might not get it, and they are being very nice in their efforts to attempt to recover the deductible for you..

I fully explained what happened and gave all my information. I don't have a problem with that. I have a problem with them telling me that I will get a call from an adjuster within 25-30 minutes, and I don't get any calls back. It's now Thursday and the accident happened on Sunday. The lady that I have been talking to just has a bad attitude, all of my questions are pretty much answered with "um, you need to ask the adjuster that", I know she may not have all the info, but I just have that uneasy feeling. It's just been extremely poor customer service. Because the accident wasn't my fault, State Farm will go through the subrogation process to try and recover funds.

Relax-Don't worrry about it. You filed the claim on your policy, they'll pay you minus your deductible and then subrogate against the other party involved. Based on what you described your company should be sucessful in the subro and your deductible will show up inthe mail in a few months as soon as you've forgotten about it.

Back