What Percent Should New Agent Get?

JD must be the best FE agent in the world. He got 10-leads a week all year long. And I'm talking about 10 E-64's which some agents think is a difficult lead to work. And he spent usually two days in the field and wrote over $200,000 of FE AP and NONE of it was GI.
He never spent a single night in a hotel. He has openly offered up more step by step details about how he works than anyone else and doesn't recruit anyone.
Has anyone sold as much with as few of leads with any other lead?

If you take care of enough people and in the right way, you will always have plenty of business to write with a limited amount of leads. I know JD doesn't ask for referrals, but gets a ton of them which speaks volumes about how he works and takes care of people. I don't think I could do 200k on twice the amount of leads.

JD must be the best FE agent in the world. He got 10-leads a week all year long. And I'm talking about 10 E-64's which some agents think is a difficult lead to work. And he spent usually two days in the field and wrote over $200,000 of FE AP and NONE of it was GI.
He never spent a single night in a hotel. He has openly offered up more step by step details about how he works than anyone else and doesn't recruit anyone.
Has anyone sold as much with as few of leads with any other lead?

Outstanding! JD is definitely not your typical FE agent. It would be great to have that kind of production without needing the usual 30+ leads that the rest of us need to get there.

I'm with you Scott, I doubt anyone can do what Jd does with so few leads.:no:

Outstanding! JD is definitely not your typical FE agent. It would be great to have that kind of production without needing the usual 30+ leads that the rest of us need to get there.

I'm with you Scott, I doubt anyone can do what Jd does with so few leads.:no:

Are you saying I'm like short bus special?:goofy:

Are you saying I'm like short bus special?:goofy:

52924857.jpg

Dark_Helmet_unmasked.jpg

Jdeasy, are you more in favor of the more generic cards that just talk about state approved programs and the free information?

Why would want it to say life insurance on it? I don't and if the lead vendor wanted that on there then I would find a new lead vendor.

Also for the ages down to 50. I'll take those all day long too.

I'll agree that it does lower the returns to include life insurance on the card.

That means you are missing out on some of your best prospects too.

Jdeasy, are you more in favor of the more generic cards that just talk about state approved programs and the free information?

I cannot speak for JD but if I was doing set price leads, I want them to say life insurance. If I am dropping by the thousand, I want them as generic as possible. Just my .02 cents

You want to run a mixture of leads.

The advantage of the more generic lead is: Your easiest sales come from people who already bought life insurance. They usually bought a mail order policy with a two year waiting period, an increasing premium term or a high priced whole-life policy. With any of those, you can offer them something better and they have already been making a monthly payment so that objection is out of the way. You aren't costing them money, you are saving them money.

The advantage of the life insurance worded lead is: Some people who are looking for life insurance MAY not understand that the more generic lead is offering life insurance. Also many agents believe it screens out people who are looking for free government hand outs. I think that part is dreaming because those people respond to all leads regardless of what the lead says.

I think agents should run both leads. Both types have pluses and minuses. You don't have to run the same thing all the time. Also changing the shape and color can make the lead stand out as something different.

Yes, the more generic the better.

----------

I cannot speak for JD but if I was doing set price leads, I want them to say life insurance. If I am dropping by the thousand, I want them as generic as possible. Just my .02 cents

I agree mostly with that. If I'm paying a set price per lead then I want the lead to do more qualifying. I want an income filter and more age filters.

I do not want it to say life insurance. Set price or by 1000.

That's a change in the last couple years for me. I would have agreed 100% a couple of years ago.

My best and most frequent sales come from people that already have life insurance. I don't want those people to not return the card because it says life insurance and they think they are covered.

Travis is probably the best FE agent I know. Also the best trainer of FE agents. he studies the FE market and FE agents. he said on a call a couple of weeks ago that the best agents run the same leads all the time. They don't jump around from lead piece to lead piece. They don't play with the wording or the demographics. Just run the same leads week after week. he is in a position to know as he oversees dozens of agents.

In my limited experience in talking to successful agents they all tell me the same thing as what Traivs said. They use the same lead all the time. Doesn't really matter if it's a life insurance lead, a generic lead, a DM lead or a TM lead. They just consistantly use the same thing.

The agents I see stuggling are the ones always re-inventing the wheel. They use this company this month, another one next month and they use DM leads for 2 weeks and then teleleads for a while then switch the wording on the leads and on and on.

I'm a find your lane and stay in that lane type. That's what works for me.

Last edited:
Back