What to Do??

vikkifowble

So I have my first two job offers ever in the insurance business. One is with a state farm agent as a team member. 27 mile commute each way making 13.50 an hour ( the low pay is fine . I'm just learning. ( the huge con is that she requires me to get my l/H license fairly quickly and I'm not interested in doing that all, really. If I don't pass within 3 times I lose my job. The other job pays 3.50 less an hour but is 6 miles from home and it's for an independent who offers mercury , progressive , safe Co etc and he doesn't have the state farm name but what would you all do?? MY car is old with alot of miles and the independent guy is going to pay me 50% on new business and 25% on renewals. Hoping that's a good deal.. what would you all do? I don't want to get my L/H but maybe state farm is the best place to learn?????

So I have my first two job offers ever in the insurance business. One is with a state farm agent as a team member. 27 mile commute each way making 13.50 an hour ( the low pay is fine . I'm just learning. ( the huge con is that she requires me to get my l/H license fairly quickly and I'm not interested in doing that all, really. If I don't pass within 3 times I lose my job. The other job pays 3.50 less an hour but is 6 miles from home and it's for an independent who offers mercury , progressive , safe Co etc and he doesn't have the state farm name but what would you all do?? MY car is old with alot of miles and the independent guy is going to pay me 50% on new business and 25% on renewals. Hoping that's a good deal.. what would you all do? I don't want to get my L/H but maybe state farm is the best place to learn?????

I'd go with the independent guy. You're going to have to get your L&H license either way. While you get paid $3.50 less per hour...you can more than make up for it in commissions. You save on gas, wear and tear on your car and spend 45 fewer minutes a day in the car.

Back