What Type of Pieces Do You Mail?

Josh

Guru
5000 Post Club
As I'm rolling out a new partnership this week (hopefully Friday) I'm also thinking about adding direct mail to the services I offer. As part of my research I'd like to get some feedback on what type of pieces anyone mails. While I'd like the actual print files, I'm more specifically looking for sizes and shapes.

Do you mail letters, post cards, snap packs?

If you do have any pdf files you feel like sending to [email protected] that would be awesome, but just getting the shapes and sizes together so I can put together a price list of the "in demand" sizes would be great.

If you have the time to invest, I think 5x8 birthday style envelopes with handwritten addresses and a live stamp will get you as close to a 100% open rate as possible

Here are some pieces that you can get some ideas from.

Attachments

• recent mailer.pdf
    460.7 KB · Views: 265
  • postcard002.jpg
    postcard002.jpg
    340.4 KB · Views: 316
  • examplemailer.jpg
    examplemailer.jpg
    795.8 KB · Views: 318
  • examplemailer2.jpg
    examplemailer2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 298
postcard, color letter, tear-out gift cards, wallet card, bi-fold, tri-fold, multi-piece mailer etc. or the mailer as per your require!

Do any of you worry about the direction direct mail might take after reading everything about the US Post Office future? They took an $8 billion loss this fiscal year, will be closing down hundreds of post offices across the country, and there have even been whispers of shutting down completely in the next couple of years.

Two concerns:
1) The post office loses enough mail as it is today. What happens when they have half of their workforce doing the same job, not to mention they are all disgruntled due to no pensions, etc

2) Mail is slowly starting to go digital. I actually get mad anytime I have to put a stamp on something. Every direct mail piece I do is via the internet, so is my mortgage payment, so is my banking, shopping, etc....

Back