What Types of Trips....

iowaagent

Expert
have you been on? It sounds like different companies offer trips based on hitting certain numbers? Where have some of this trips taken you? What do most of the conventions have going on?

have you been on? It sounds like different companies offer trips based on hitting certain numbers? Where have some of this trips taken you? What do most of the conventions have going on?

Two years in, I was fortunate enough to get a week in New Orleans during Jazz Festival. Crazy!!! Boston was nuts. Nothing to do. I was single, a lot of bored type A agents. We tore up the Plaza. What happened in Boston stayed in Boston. OMG!
Been to Hawaii several times. I proposed to my wife on Maui. My Kids swam with Dolphins on Kona. I gave up Spain because my son was graduating from MCRD San Diego. Rode a mountain bike down from a volcano. Several others.

Two years in, I was fortunate enough to get a week in New Orleans during Jazz Festival. Crazy!!! Boston was nuts. Nothing to do. I was single, a lot of bored type A agents. We tore up the Plaza. What happened in Boston stayed in Boston. OMG!
Been to Hawaii several times. I proposed to my wife on Maui. My Kids swam with Dolphins on Kona. I gave up Spain because my son was graduating from MCRD San Diego. Rode a mountain bike down from a volcano. Several others.

That sounds awesome. Some of the things I hopefully will get to experience after getting started. How long have you been in the business? Do you find that most companies offer some of trip pretty regularly?

Forethought had a great 7 day Alaskan cruise a few years ago that was a great trip.
Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas was excellent.
Been to Hawaii 3 times and I hate the long flight on those.
Virgin Islands was good.
Canada, Jamacia, all good.
I've been at this 15 years and will be going on our 14th award trip in March. I haven't been disappointed with any of them.
Extra nice if the insurance company pays the taxes on it too. Some of them do that for you.

Forethought had a great 7 day Alaskan cruise a few years ago that was a great trip.
Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas was excellent.
Been to Hawaii 3 times and I hate the long flight on those.
Virgin Islands was good.
Canada, Jamacia, all good.
I've been at this 15 years and will be going on our 14th award trip in March. I haven't been disappointed with any of them.
Extra nice if the insurance company pays the taxes on it too. Some of them do that for you.

Any of those locations would be okay with me. I have heard other complaints about the long flight to Hawaii though. Do most companies offer something like that, or just certain ones?

That sounds awesome. Some of the things I hopefully will get to experience after getting started. How long have you been in the business? Do you find that most companies offer some of trip pretty regularly?

25 years.

Yes, I think most offer some type of trips.

Mexico is popular. Looking at one next year in Germany.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Any of those locations would be okay with me. I have heard other complaints about the long flight to Hawaii though. Do most companies offer something like that, or just certain ones?

Hawaii is closer than Jamaica.
Mexico, San Francisco and San Diego. Felt kinda like a let down since they were driving distance. Those were mostly Fast Start deals though. White Water rafting in Idaho was a kick.

By the way, If you make enough sales spread out among a bunch of companies. You can afford your own trip. You may not get a cool plaque. But you do not have to deal with the suits.

Last edited:
The first trip I ever won was to French Lick, In in 1982. That's kind of wierd because there are two identical words that follow each other. Madam I'm Adam. See how that is the same both from the beginning and end. I'm in Tucson and it's crazy. 70 degrees. How could I go back to Ohio? Oh yea. I leave in the morning and Bob...you better not have any snow in that town of yours in the afternoon. Once was enough! Today I visited one of the most successful Arizona health insurance agencies and the first one to have an online presence. Nice office. Did I tell you that my two nephews work there? Ok. Hi. That's all for now. AFA.

Trips & bonuses are an excellent way to motivate yourself (if independent) to hit the numbers & trips/cash bonuses, etc...
I have been on cruises to the Bahamas, southern carib, east carib & western carib w/ Coz. Mexico. A cruise of Hawaii and the Med Sea (spain, france, tunsia, sicily, italy.)
On land:Las Vegas; Sorrento Italy, Rome & Milan; Cancun, Miami, Hawaii.
This weekend we supposed to be leaving for Aruba but I can't go because hubby was really sick.
Gee I can't believe its that many! I need to find one to earn toward Alaska -- that looks fun!
12 years at it.

The first trip I ever won was to French Lick, In in 1982. That's kind of wierd because there are two identical words that follow each other. Madam I'm Adam. See how that is the same both from the beginning and end. I'm in Tucson and it's crazy. 70 degrees. How could I go back to Ohio? Oh yea. I leave in the morning and Bob...you better not have any snow in that town of yours in the afternoon. Once was enough! Today I visited one of the most successful Arizona health insurance agencies and the first one to have an online presence. Nice office. Did I tell you that my two nephews work there? Ok. Hi. That's all for now. AFA.

nothing beats a tucson sunset.....very pretty

Back