What Works with a Web Site & Best Quote Engine

Freddie

Guru
100+ Post Club
I have a decent domain I may decide to use. I will probably stick to instate. I may develop it to eventually sell the domain.

So what works on a web site?
1. Quoting health insurance?
2. Term or is it even worth it?
3. LTC?
4. Whole life?
5. ??? Anything else?

I have a relative who I may get licensed to do it part time. My focus will mainly be annuities, insurnace and investments.

Which quote engine? Norvax appears to be pricey.

What can each quote engine quote? Just health?

Many thanks for any input. :biggrin:

Thats not good. I guess Norvax would be the best for people in FL.....?
Is it a hassle to work w/o a quote engine?

Depends on what you are trying to accomplish. If you want to rake in leads, then a quote engine will work nicely.

I work internet leads. I also have Norvax, but find myself quoting direct at the carrier's sites for the most part.

An agent can quote from almost any source and (hopefully) understand the differences in the various plan and (again, hopefully) explain those differences.

Consumers are mostly like window shoppers. They want to view plans, run rates and decide for themselves without pressure or interference by an agent.

If you just want folks who want your input, then you don't need a quote engine, just a request form. Many of those will pick your brain then go direct to the carrier, or worse, eHealth and buy once they have enough information.

But if you want to give visitors a choice in DIY or a consult, put an easy to use quote engine on your site. Many who run health insurance rates will also contact you, or allow you to contact them for advice.

A quote engine gives people what they're looking for. I'm going to call my leads in real time anyway and I find their mood to be better when they're on my page looking at plans.

Imagine going to Price Line to search for airfare, typing in the information and getting a page that says "thank you for your request, representatives will be calling shortly." Not what you're looking for.

I've had a site with just a form to fill out and for the last year and a half I've used the quote engine. I've found everything to be smoother with the quote engine.

Quoting engines are good, as many people expect them. But they don't make the sale. Customers will just pick the cheapest quote and think that selection is the best one for them, and that's usually not the case, based on underwriting, etc... I will call them, regardless of what they picked, and then based on their answers to my questions will determine what company fits them best. If the one that they "picked" suits them, great. If not, I will suggest the company that works best for them.

Cheers!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
One more thing... My quote system is provided as part of my life insurance automation software, so leads are automatically fed into my CRM/Quotation/e-application system. Cool stuff. Anyway, for those of you who decide to try it once or twice, I am fine with that, just use the last name "Test" and I'm cool with that. I'll just delete the contact in my system. I know I had a hard time finding something that works the way that this works for life insurance. BTW - the system is called ALISS.

Last edited:
Back