What're your plans for the new year?

john_petrowski said:
You can Google "shared office space" in your city. This isn't a bad concept. A former UGA buddy of mine who's doing fantatstic as an independent just has to be in an office to function and he's using shared space. Unless you really want a mid-sized or large agency there's simply no reason for pay $1,000 to $2,000 a month on office rent.

Don't know about your city but in Baltimore if you want an office you'd be proud to show people the starting bid would be $20/sq. ft. That's insane. If I had to go into an office to function I would definitely go for the shared space concept.

Okay, so I found this place.

http://www.thinktankpittsburgh.com/

And if you click below you get photos.

http://www.thinktankpittsburgh.com/photos.html

Needless to say, I think I'd give the NYL compliance officer a stroke when he would visit for his semi-annual inspection. Boy, if I started talking politics with them hippies, I wouldn't get anything done. :D

NHB_MMA said:
Needless to say, I think I'd give the NYL compliance officer a stroke when he would visit for his semi-annual inspection. Boy, if I started talking politics with them hippies, I wouldn't get anything done. :D

I thought NYL provided office's and support....

I am currently involved with an office company here in Colorado that has numerous offices all accross the state. I can use any of their offices from Ft. Collins to Boulder to Denver down to Colorado Springs anytime! I have a mailbox, access to a printer/copier, and conference room access. It works well for me and I only pay $45 a month for it. It's a steal!

For 2007 I am going to submit 5 applications for major medical per week. I will buy 30 internet leads per week to do this. I will attempt to upsell with term life insurance and dental on every application. If I ever get tired of selling over the phone I'll canvas businesses to sell them voluntary products and major medical. When the open enrollment for Medicare part D reopens late in the year I will give a seminar/week to generate Med Advantage or med sup sales on weekends.

Income goal: $8,000/month as earned commission by the end of 2007

AP goal: $500,000 personally written business for 2007

Open an office and hire one agent for a salaried position

Improve my website (suggestions would be appreciated www.echolsinsurance.org) and make it so that people can get comparison quotes rather than having to go to each company's website.

Set up an email system and send automated emails to email list.

2007 is going to be a BANNER YEAR!

I plan on going to Dallas to steal Peelerinsurance Swedish wife for the free health insurance.....

I thought NYL provided office's and support....

They give you a small cubicle (think elementary school desk, in terms of size) and a phone line. Most successful agents detach and have their own office (usually home offices) within a few months. The office is over 30 miles away, so I have no problem with going in for training, but I just ain't going there every day just to make calls. And I cannot stand making calls where I have other conversations and noise going on and I'm phobic of people listening to my phone conversations. Like I couldn't deal with say you and I having an office in Anywhereville and each having a desk near each other, because it would freak me out to realize you can hear me on the phone. I need a little room, with absolute privacy, and without the distractions of the home.

Back