What's Up with Liberty National???

dallas1

Expert
Has anybody heard of Liberty National Life?? I have a job offer from them that I'm considering, but I cannot find any history on this company. Their main focus is group life insurance to small to medium size businesses. They also have an accident and cancer group policy.

Benefits are great once you meet your quota, but I was just wondering, in this market, how hard it would be to meet that quota. The office I will be working out of hands you list of businesses to call and you cold call (with script) off this list to setup appointments. The product looks real strong and the commission are pretty decent, but I was just wondering about what kind of demand there would be once you get out there in the field. I'm hoping that this is just not another one of those agent mills where they throw mud on the wall and see what (or who) sticks. Thanks.

Do a search here on the forum about Liberty National and/or Torchmark. I would bet your opinion of them once you do that will change...at least it should.

Has anybody heard of Liberty National Life?? I have a job offer from them that I'm considering, but I cannot find any history on this company. Their main focus is group life insurance to small to medium size businesses. They also have an accident and cancer group policy.

Benefits are great once you meet your quota, but I was just wondering, in this market, how hard it would be to meet that quota. The office I will be working out of hands you list of businesses to call and you cold call (with script) off this list to setup appointments. The product looks real strong and the commission are pretty decent, but I was just wondering about what kind of demand there would be once you get out there in the field. I'm hoping that this is just not another one of those agent mills where they throw mud on the wall and see what (or who) sticks. Thanks.

You will end up writing your friends and family members and then they will get rid of you.

You will end up writing your friends and family members and then they will get rid of you.

Mark you make that sound like a bad thing....I have some "friends" and "Relatives" I would gladly sell a Lib Nat policy just so they never talk to me again.

My first insurance gig.. 1998.. lasted 5 months before I looked at one of those Insurance Journals and found out I could get 100% contracts and free leads

Liberty National.. outta Birmingham..very conservative co.. cheap bastards actually.. I went there for training and they took us on a tour of their building and those poor bastards at the cubicles were running computers from the 70's.. the ones with the green screen and white letters...

Leads? were none.. they gave you a book of business.. you were responsible for tracking down late pmts.. sending off letters with your own stamps and if a client on your book lapsed.. you got hit.. even though you didnt write the policy

I was getting 60%.. dont know what it is now.. the maxadvance was .. get this.. $250 per policy... you wrote a 3000 AP and ya got $250..

They get baby leads.. basically the sh!t Globe life doesnt want.. I went to one address and the only thing standing was the mailbox

Every company had software.. LN still used rate books

Dont wast your time there.. get in with a good agency and find a mentor

Try salvation army or mcdonalds if you're considering working for these morons.

Back