When is the Best Time to Call a Lead?

Uniquote

I received this in my email and I removed the contact info so you don't think I spamming this site. Its fascinating and I am going to try to slam a Sunday to see what response I get. Does anyone have similar experience? I am goning to order the "Free analysis for my area" and see what the pitch is!

"When is the best time to call a lead?"
Here is the answer:

We talk to 25% more consumers on Sunday than any other day.
And Saturday is 10% better than Friday. In fact, Friday afternoon is the worst time to call.

So that begs the question: "What time of the day is best?"

That depends on the day you call, on Wednesday its best around 9am, 1pm, and 4pm. On Sunday, its best in the morning and at lunch. All times are Central Standard Time. Please note the charts below are averages for the ENTIRE country. You need to know the best time for your state or county, and time of year.

We generate as much as 15,000 calls per day 7 days a week.

Wednesday Contact % Sunday Contact % 8am 6.1%
8am 10% 9am 8.8%
9am 11% 10am 7.8%
10am 5% 11am 7.9%
11am 8% 12noon 5.6%
12noon 10% 1pm 11.3%
1pm 9% 2pm 5.4%
2pm 6% 3pm 6.8%
3pm 7% 4pm 10.0%
4pm 6% 5pm 8.8%
5pm 8% 6pm 8.2%
6pm 5% 7pm 7.6%
7pm 7% 8m 3.4%
8m 6% 9pm 1.7%
9pm 1% 10pm 0.6%
10pm 1%

--

Worrying about what time is best to call is what we in the business call "call avoidance". It's just another excuse no to prospect NOW because (we rationalize) why waste the time when we can better use our time on another day or at another time. JMHO, but it's right :)

Uniquote,

I live in the South & you would be wasting your time calling people Sunday morning & noon time.

Has anyone here even tried Sunday morning & lunch time? Personally, I'm not interested in calling someone on Sunday. But maybe that is just my background & beliefs. I'm a "Chick-Fil-A" type believer:)

I used to do X-dating on Monday, Thursday evenings & Saturday mornings between 9-12. It worked Great! Even during Monday night Football.

When I work the phones for seniors, my best response times are Monday 10:30-2:00 and 4:00-7:00 p.m. and on Saturday 10-4.

Door knocking on Saturday for seniors was better than any day during the week. I think seniors stay at home away from crowds on weekends.

Calling on Sunday just seems weird. Perhaps that's head-trash but then again, nobody's perfect . . .

When I work the phones for seniors, my best response times are Monday 10:30-2:00 and 4:00-7:00 p.m. and on Saturday 10-4.

Door knocking on Saturday for seniors was better than any day during the week. I think seniors stay at home away from crowds on weekends.

Calling on Sunday just seems weird. Perhaps that's head-trash but then again, nobody's perfect . . .

I have always thought that I should take a break on Sundays and not upset the leads. But since internet leads get slammed by everybody, I am going for it this Sunday. I took Friday afternoon off , and Saturday afternoon off. I work much better when I schedule my calls, otherwise its too easy to get distracted. I am kind of excited, I am sure some folks will get upset, but I will be nice and apologize for calling them, and ask when I can callback or comeover with a quote.

I have always thought that I should take a break on Sundays and not upset the leads. But since internet leads get slammed by everybody, I am going for it this Sunday. I took Friday afternoon off , and Saturday afternoon off. I work much better when I schedule my calls, otherwise its too easy to get distracted. I am kind of excited, I am sure some folks will get upset, but I will be nice and apologize for calling them, and ask when I can callback or comeover with a quote.

Hehe sounds like a good way to go about it "Oh sorry for calling you on a weekend prehaps I can drop by with a quote on monday." sounds like a good way to get the ball rolling.

Uniquote,

I live in the South & you would be wasting your time calling people Sunday morning & noon time.

Has anyone here even tried Sunday morning & lunch time? Personally, I'm not interested in calling someone on Sunday. But maybe that is just my background & beliefs. I'm a "Chick-Fil-A" type believer:)

I used to do X-dating on Monday, Thursday evenings & Saturday mornings between 9-12. It worked Great! Even during Monday night Football.

I tried it a couple times on Sunday (I work all the time I don't really see any issue with it) here in TN and got my ass chewed for it about 10% of the people that answered.

I'm of the opinion that they probably weren't gonna buy anyway, but my rule now is I don't call a lead on Sunday unless they submit it on Sunday.

I had a guy get mad at me for calling him on a sunday about 2 minutes after he submitted the lead, saying "Don't you know its against the bible to work on sunday?" and I said "You're working on your insurance right now."

He didn't care for that.

Kind of on-topic but many years ago I was on my way out of town for the weekend. A guy I had been working with for a while left a voicemail just as I was leaving and he wanted to be called quickly so we could write the business that Monday (a few days later).

We got into Pittsburgh later that night (Friday) and I wasn't due back until Tuesday. I knew he checked his office voicemail so before I went to bed , I left a message on his office voicemail letting him know that I got his message and will call him Monday from Pittsburgh. It was probably about 2:30 am.

Oops. His work voicemail was forwarded to his cell phone that he left ON, by his bed. Yea, I woke him up. Yea, he called back and wondered who the f**ck was calling him at 2:30 am! Remember, my in-laws' caller ID showed up so I also had to explain to my in-laws who that was on the other line and why a complete stranger just cussed them out!

Oh yea...I didn't get the business and the Steelers lost. Other than that, I had a great time.

the best time to call is ASAP. I call a lead ONE time. If they want to purchase insurance .. believe you me they'll call you back. Mail the prospect something they can hold in thier hands and review. I sell about one policy per day without ever speaking to the prospect? How? Because I took the time to mail them something.

Cheers,
Joe

Back