When Purchasing Cheese Insurance, do not overlook the Mortadella Exclusion

I just saw on the day old rack, Mortadella without nuts. So apparently there is also Mortadella with nuts.

Which one does the exclusion apply to?

Caveat, not an agent.

The original post raises P&C questions I have no clue about.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Now I am curious about the Mortadella exclusion from the viewpoint of both the insurer of the vehicle hit and the insurer of the truck wrecked.

I had never heard of Mortadella. My curiosity was aroused only because of the coincidence of seeing both the video above and a packet of Mortadella on a cheese and meat markdown shelf at the grocery in the space of a week.

At my Kroger store it is over in the really expensive glass showcase section where I would shop only if I had won the lottery and was trying to spend the money quickly.

After a bit of checking - the right question suddenly seemed to be: Is Mortadella cheese or meat?

----------------------------------------------------------
Sausage!

(This link does have a cookie question)

-----------------------------------------------------------
Simpsons.

So if sausage falls off a cheese truck, no surprise it is excluded from cheese coverage???
------------------------------------------------------------
Cheese company.

If the cheese company has insurance covering their cargoes of cheese, they slip in some meat in a cargo, and the truck wrecks; will the insurance carrier deny reimbursement for the meat on the cargo list?

:laugh:

You know @LostDollar - I like where you are going with this. I too was unsure what the heck mortadella was as well. I just assumed it was some European Cheese that I could not afford. Research told me otherwise.

I am perplexed as to the actual cause of the loss in this situation though - I do not think it is as clear as simply circling the exclusion and moving on....

It's the week for exclusions!!

Listening to a Dragnet episode on Spotify. The Big Bird.

Breakins and robberies. AND robber killed pet birds whenever there were any in the house. Then he broke into a pet shop and killed all the birds. The parakeets and canaries could be replaced, and were covered by insurance anyway, but there were two parrots on consignment. They were worth over a $100 apiece.

The feller that sold the shop owner his policy told him "my insurance don't cover birds on consignment".

So now we have the consigned goods exclusion.

Back