Where did all the healthy people go?

My first question when I talk to people is Do you take any presciptions? Quickly followed by What do you take them for?

The uninsurable issue is anther reason I stopped advertising in the yellow pages. I actually get mostly healthy people from my website, but the yellow pages seems to be nearly exclusively read by people too sick or too broke to buy health insurance.

The uninsurable issue is anther reason I stopped advertising in the yellow pages. I actually get mostly healthy people from my website, but the yellow pages seems to be nearly exclusively read by people too sick or too broke to buy health insurance.

True, they are too broke to afford internet access as well!

It makes sense!

Some companies provide a list of meds & what they are for. Keep it handy and refer to it. Makes you look like you know more than you do when you say, Lipitor, that's for cholesterol, right?

Some internet leads tell you in advance what their meds are. Look them up & make notes on your lead before calling.

The more you can tell the prospect about themselves, their conditions, and their challenges in underwriting the better YOU look.

Also helps in pitching HSA or other no Rx copay plans to let people know how much they can save by avoiding copays and ordering via mail. Suggest they talk to their doc about lower cost meds.

On many occasions I point out the meds they take now run $300+ per month and the carrier will hammer you on rate. Skip the copay and switch to generics or other low cost meds and cut your monthly outlay on meds to less than $80.

People are very poor buyers of health care. All they understand is copays. It is your job to educate them and get the sale.

Does anybody have one f these prescription lists they could share with me? I have run into quite a few occasions most recently and I would like to avoid using google as much.

I got one from Medicare.gov. It's the 100 most popular drugs list. At one point I signed up to sell one of those drug discount plans because they would give you a log in to thier website and it will tell you how much each medication will cost retail, and with the discount. But they discontinued that feature. I also keep a list of Wal-Marts $4 medications. It looks really good when you can tell a client that instead of paying thier $15 co-pay at the pharmacy they can go to Wal-Mart and pay $4.

Here is one from World. Many of the carriers have this info in their und guides.

Attachments

• World Rx info.pdf
    14 KB · Views: 7
Somebody posted a link within the last few days to an organization that helps out with medications. I cannot find the link. Does anybody have the link or know who submitted it? Thanks.

-J.R.

Back