WHere Do I Get Annuity Rates..

Discussion in 'Annuities Forum' started by jboussea, May 6, 2017.

1. jboussea

jboussea Well-Known Member

State:

I don't sell annuities.. don't have any plans to start selling in the immediate future.. but I need to do some research with various types of annuities.. where can I go to get quotes for annuities.. various types.. fixed, fixed index, dia, spia etc.. I'm guessing that I won't have access to any variable quoting software

2. Stephen

Stephen Well-Known Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Call a carrier and ask for the sales department

3. jboussea

State:

Thanks..

however I was looking for a place to get quotes from multiple carriers at once..

4. Tahoe Ray

Tahoe Ray Well-Known Member

State:
    Nevada
    1. Fixed: www.annuityratewatch.com (they also have indexed but won't do you much good if you want riders...)
    2. SPIA/DIA: CANNEX
    3. Indexed: Carrier software. Your IMO might provide something like SuperAgent tools to help you whittle down options before you get a handle on what you're doing.
    4. Variable: No need to quote unless you're licensed to sell them. If you are, get them from your wholesaler.

Hope this helps.

5. jboussea

State:

THanks man.. through some googling.. I found out about ANnuityspecs.. do certain IMO's carry that? Have you heard of it?

6. Tahoe Ray

Tahoe Ray Well-Known Member

State:
    Nevada
    I don't know. I believe that is Sheryl Moore's website who is pretty active in our business.

Your best option is to find a case to quote and then get some free trials and reach out to a few IMOs to see what they come with...

Selling annuities is a lot more than just selling a product. Proper placement, client objectives, taxes, suitability, renewal rates, etc. all come into play.

Frankly, they are mainly commodities. Yes, some products are inferior to others in a given category but if all of the other pieces (mentioned above) fit then there isn't a lot of difference from one carrier to the next (assuming top tier companies).

That's just me though...I'm sure that others might disagree.