Where to place Declines?

" Unless you need a hobby . . ."

No, I have more than enough to keep me busy... thing is, she is self employed, and can work and no signs of any disabling characteristics. I already know that RA is a decline with all Major Med companies... just trying to assess alternatives for her... But thank you for all who are responding to my question with helpful remarks and input.

senior-advisor-indiana Quote:
Tell her to get a job... any job... that offers group health...
Quote:
already know about the SC risk pool and/or possibly getting the individual into a group plan.
Nice

Not sure if "Nice" was just a wise ass response or if you truly feel these were valid alternatives... Do you have any input on this subject Senior?

Also, I had heard that when someone files for SSI, before they can hire an attorney, they need to get turned down once. Is this true?

The AARP plan for members under 65 may be a good option for her. I don't know about the underwriting but it is worth looking into.

SME - What makes you think that United will have more lenient standards? You're not buying into that AARP brainwashing crap are you?

Last edited:
This is a classic example of when it would be appropriate to charge somebody an hourly fee to help if it is something extensive.

I'm with Bob about my generosity towards helping other people and the return thus far I have experienced from a monetary incentive perspective. On one hand, I care a great deal, on the other hand, your can't make the horse drink the water!

" Unless you need a hobby . . ."

senior-advisor-indiana Quote:
Tell her to get a job... any job... that offers group health...
Quote:
already know about the SC risk pool and/or possibly getting the individual into a group plan.
Nice

Not sure if "Nice" was just a wise ass response or if you truly feel these were valid alternatives... Do you have any input on this subject Senior?

It was a wise ass comment directed towards Al3 because you already knew about the risk pool and telling her to get a job. The only input I have on this thread was the experience I posted about my mom.

It was a wise ass comment directed towards Al3 because you already knew about the risk pool and telling her to get a job. The only input I have on this thread was the experience I posted about my mom.

I understand now... thank you for explaining.

Back