Which Agency Partnership Group/Aggregator/Clusters do you recommend? Not recommend?

I have been with Bolt (formerly Superior Access) for a few years now and am pulling most of my clients to go elsewhere with them and eventually will cancel my subscription. I was happy with them initially but things just have not been working out well. I could not get their rater link to go on my website to work properly (admittedly it's now been well over a year since I tried again) and I've had some serious service issues including not getting paid on an account. The commissions advertised are not always the commissions you will get paid (last excuse I got was the company wasn't paying SAIS properly and so that's why I was only getting 10% instead of the listed 12%). Then I had an account that I requested a policy change and I was told they didn't think it was necessary to backdate to the date I requested and then it turns out they didn't make the change at all. Took me 2 years and finally reaching out to the Company directly (at which point they referred me back to Bolt but were at least aware of the issue) to get the policy corrected. The change was never backdated to the original date requested but at least I have my documentation in the unlikely event of an E&O. Then my biggest complaint is that I don't get a copy of the renewal decs unless I specifically request them. If the carrier has a rate increase in a state, you won't hear about it unless you ask why a rate is up so significantly. All that being said, there are some things I really do like about Bolt but as you can see from my long list of complaints they are not one I can recommend.

I just re-started my career in the P&C world and went with Smart Choice. I live in MN and will write in Texas as well. Not sure what FL is like to write in, I know they have some unique coverage issues with Hurricane coverage. I like Smart Choice because I think their fee structure is fair. Nothing upfront, other than a $99 to start. Pay for your rater and that's it. For me, they were the way to go! Let me know if you have/need anything further. Best of luck!

Thanks, Bill. I appreciate your input! Can we connect outside of this forum?

"Begin with the end in mind"- 7 habits of Highly effective people.

Decision #1:

What end of the Ins Spectrum do you want? if you answered P&C keep reading. If ''Other" wait for the others to respond

Decision #2: Captive or Independent.

Captive:

Pro: They will teach you a lot but inevitably you will go Indy at some point in your career. Another Pro, they will subsidize your life for a time.

Con: The District Manager will push too hard or force life on you or cut your commissions or change your contract, or, ext, ext. Your Captive will take rate increases and kill your production and you will have one price point while others dissect your book one policy at a time.

Independent: :

Pro: Control expenses. Get higher commission. Higher conversion. Higher retention. All of those factors equal more money.

Con: Starting out. Getting knowledge. Your personality type could sink yourself.

Decision #3:

Once you decide Indy is for you, in the next week or 22 yrs from now. The question will be how to do it. Your options include:

Buy an agency.

Join a group.

Become a producer for an agency.

Get direct appointments.

Get an agency that provides the back end service so you can hunt full time.

You decide which one is best for you.

Thanks for all the info Shawn! Definitely P&C (focused on Business Insurance) & Independent. I'm exploring options for #3 to determine what is the best way to get started. Any thoughts?

I have been with Bolt (formerly Superior Access) for a few years now and am pulling most of my clients to go elsewhere with them and eventually will cancel my subscription. I was happy with them initially but things just have not been working out well. I could not get their rater link to go on my website to work properly (admittedly it's now been well over a year since I tried again) and I've had some serious service issues including not getting paid on an account. The commissions advertised are not always the commissions you will get paid (last excuse I got was the company wasn't paying SAIS properly and so that's why I was only getting 10% instead of the listed 12%). Then I had an account that I requested a policy change and I was told they didn't think it was necessary to backdate to the date I requested and then it turns out they didn't make the change at all. Took me 2 years and finally reaching out to the Company directly (at which point they referred me back to Bolt but were at least aware of the issue) to get the policy corrected. The change was never backdated to the original date requested but at least I have my documentation in the unlikely event of an E&O. Then my biggest complaint is that I don't get a copy of the renewal decs unless I specifically request them. If the carrier has a rate increase in a state, you won't hear about it unless you ask why a rate is up so significantly. All that being said, there are some things I really do like about Bolt but as you can see from my long list of complaints they are not one I can recommend.

Thanks for the info ShannonO! I appreciate it!

I tried Superior Access last year and found it horrible. I had to call in on every home quote to add riders such water back up etc.. The commission settlement issues occurred on every placement. In all aspects, I experienced poor broker service and a very bush league set up and platform. Honestly, I was surprised that the set up was as bad as it was and they were still in business.I would like to know of some alternatives

What ever you do, join one that does so much more than just access. So many little or new groups are created on the idea that they can offer a comparable deliverable on access and therefore can compete with groups that have been around for decades.

Access is just one of many things that a group does, join one that is capable of offing you more than just access.

If you have no idea what I am talking about, follow the link.

Premier Group Insurance, so much more than carrier access. - YouTube

Back