Which Approach is the Best?

Abre

I have a basic question but one I'm sure some of you will have great advice on. Be easy on me..it's my first post.:)I've read a lot in these forums, but I have multi-faceted questions. I've been doing phone sales (life, some health insur) and want to branch out to increase my income, but I'm not comfortable going to customer's homes. I haven't at this point considered anything except being independent, but haven't jumped in w/both feet because I'm not sure how to approach the lead situation and not sure if customers are generally comfortable coming to an office -- or do they 'generally' request a home visit? I've heard horror stories about spending good $ on leads with no returns, and my approach was going to be starting with Final Expense -- though I am appointed to sell some good supp health products as well (if I did both, w/b 2 different mailers -- hence more upfront $). When I do begin this new endeavor, it will obviously take time and $. It's not a small decision for me, as any time in the field means I put in extra hours in my current job until I can get up to speed on this new endeavor. Would really appreciate any input.

Final Expense customers will almost exclusively want you to come to their home, while those with higher incomes will feel comfortable coming into an office setting.

Have you considered business to business?

Thanks for your response. Didn't think about B to B. Can you expand on that thought?

Pit Bulls.
cockroaches and other off things I just don't care to encounter in my day-to-day selling.

Pit Bulls.
cockroaches and other off things I just don't care to encounter in my day-to-day selling.

As a general rule that depends upon the market that you are selling to. That is more of the FE and debit world. However, you would not find much of that selling business to business. You would concentrate on selling business owner life, DI and maybe voluntary benefits for employees.

Since I last posted, I've tried to figure my way in how to get started in selling insurance: what type I want to sell, how to get leads, etc. I'm signed w/IMO, appointed w/several companies, but haven't moved any further than that yet other than I h a v e decided I do not want to go to go to individual's homes to sell. I know that leaves out FE for the most part. I feel at odds as to where to turn from here. I don't want to waste any more time not really having a plan, so I thought I'd ask you seasoned veterans if you'd have any advice on next steps -- keeping in mind, I'm doing this all just by trial and error -- have never sold (insurance) before other than phone sales, and don't want to pay a good amount in money and time spinning in circles. Main thing I'm seeking is training and guidance on next steps.

Since I last posted, I've tried to figure my way in how to get started in selling insurance: what type I want to sell, how to get leads, etc. I'm signed w/IMO, appointed w/several companies, but haven't moved any further than that yet other than I h a v e decided I do not want to go to go to individual's homes to sell. I know that leaves out FE for the most part. I feel at odds as to where to turn from here. I don't want to waste any more time not really having a plan, so I thought I'd ask you seasoned veterans if you'd have any advice on next steps -- keeping in mind, I'm doing this all just by trial and error -- have never sold (insurance) before other than phone sales, and don't want to pay a good amount in money and time spinning in circles. Main thing I'm seeking is training and guidance on next steps.

You should really just do what your FMO is doing that brings them success. I assume they are very successful at selling insurance?

Put on a Visiting Nurse uniform like Heath Legers. Nobody will notice. youll blend in lika a chameleon. Go get em champ.
:laugh:
I have a basic question but one I'm sure some of you will have great advice on. Be easy on me..it's my first post.:)I've read a lot in these forums, but I have multi-faceted questions. I've been doing phone sales (life, some health insur) and want to branch out to increase my income, but I'm not comfortable going to customer's homes. I haven't at this point considered anything except being independent, but haven't jumped in w/both feet because I'm not sure how to approach the lead situation and not sure if customers are generally comfortable coming to an office -- or do they 'generally' request a home visit? I've heard horror stories about spending good $ on leads with no returns, and my approach was going to be starting with Final Expense -- though I am appointed to sell some good supp health products as well (if I did both, w/b 2 different mailers -- hence more upfront $). When I do begin this new endeavor, it will obviously take time and $. It's not a small decision for me, as any time in the field means I put in extra hours in my current job until I can get up to speed on this new endeavor. Would really appreciate any input.

Back