Which Designation is Better CPCU or CIC

FLP&C

Which is better designation to have in the industry of Commercial and Personal lines P&C??? Pros / Cons

Time
Difficulty
Maintenance
Prestige

Which is better designation to have in the industry of Commercial and Personal lines P&C??? Pros / Cons

Time
Difficulty
Maintenance
Prestige

CPCU is more difficult, time consuming and has a higher prestige, specifically on the company side of the industry. CIC is designed for active agents and owners that are in the trenches selling insurance day in and day out. Both are good... just depends on what you want to do in the industry.

I am definitely going to look into pursuing both designation thanks for all the help

C an't
P roduce
C an't
U nderwrite
:D
Just Kidding.

I am considering CIC. Both are good though.

As an agent CIC probably makes the most sense.

Gulliver

The CPCU is a much more difficult designation to obtain and far more prestigious within the industry.

CIC is a solid designation that doesnt go as far in depth in each topic that is covered. A lot of the more in depth focus, on the CIC, is done after the designation is obtained in what are called Ruble Seminars and Mega Seminars. These are pretty good.

If you are really committed to going all out, I would go for the CPCU. However a CIC with a CRM (Certified Risk Manager) designation is a nice combination as well.

These designations are really designed for Property and Casualty Agents with a focus on Commercial Lines and Risk Management.

Whatever you choose, it will be a step in the right direction.

Last edited:
Back