Who Has Liberal Underwriting in TN?

jacobtn

Guru
1000 Post Club
I have a client who was declined coverage from Mutual of Omaha for RA. She takes Methotrexate and they said she hadn't been stable enough for coverage (had been on it for 6 mths). She is mobile and healthy otherwise but does have occasional pain/swelling.

Who should I try next for her? I need a Penn Treaty or GTL. Any of those still out there that aren't in receivership/liquidation?

I have a client who was declined coverage from Mutual of Omaha for RA. She takes Methotrexate and they said she hadn't been stable enough for coverage (had been on it for 6 mths). She is mobile and healthy otherwise but does have occasional pain/swelling.

Who should I try next for her? I need a Penn Treaty or GTL. Any of those still out there that aren't in receivership/liquidation?

How much Methotrexate per week?
What other medications are taken for the R.A.?
What is her height/weight?

Over the years, I have had good luck with RA clients on Genworth, but they all want stability, and good control. You'll need to provide a full pre-screen as Scott requested for anyone to help you...as the domino effect is what will bite you here.

Who do you write for? Pick up the phone and call UW to get the guidelines. You may have to postpone the case, or look at linked benefit plans that can be more lenient in some cases.

Genworth will decline RA if:

There has been active disease with progressive symptoms, multiple medication changes and/or lack of response to treatment within 24 months. You'd have to clarify with underwriter what kind of "response" to treatment is needed.

There is no more Penn Treaty. I know this sucks!​

Thanks!

Last edited:

Every long-term care insurer has different underwriting guidelines.

I had one client who was declined by one LTC insurer, given "substandard" rates by another, and was approved "preferred" with another.

I had another client who was declined by one company, yet he was approved with the best class from another company.

Every company is different. It just takes a little digging.

Here's a link to the detailed info on the one case:

One woman–3 different outcomes with long-term care insurance « Get Approved for Long Term Care Insurance

Latest posts

Back