Wholesale Caskets?

Anyone can offer discount caskets. It’s very inexpensive to buy foreign made caskets.

Here is where the problem (and expense) comes with caskets...delivering them on time. Having the right caskets at the right time and getting them to the door of any funeral home within 24 hours of getting the death call is the big expense.

But any insurance agent that can’t offer his families numerous sources of discount funeral merchandise just isn’t trying.

Good point. Which sources do your agents offer?

Costco casket was 2,000 less for a very similar casket, was delivered to the funeral home in 2 days, which was fine.
Got several comments on how nice the casker was, the looks we got when we said it was from Costco were priceless!

This is the insurance company that she is with:

Funerals and Cremations - American Century Life Insurance Co

She has a whole life policy from them for $10,000, but it doesn't build cash value.

She purchased the policy in 2014.

The fine print in the catalog said that the prices on the funeral merchandise are only good until 2019.

It also said that they don't manufacture or supply the merchandise. Her family has to contact them at her death, and at that time they will let them know where to get the merchandise from.

It also said that she can allocate a certain portion of her policy to pay for the merchandise. It wasn't clear in her paperwork if she had done so.
Damn, that has less certainty than Legacy Assurance. :yes:

We teach the agents how to sell insurance. Not gimmicks. But if they are asked they have every option available to them from genuine Batesville, inexpensive imports, Abbey caskets and everything in between.

You forget that our agency is owned by a funeral Director with MUCH casket experience?

That's good. What are the price ranges of these caskets? Shipping charges?

She also said that she received a letter from that company telling her that her policy wasn't a whole life policy anymore. I told her that didn't sound right, but she can't remember where she put the letter she received.

I noticed that the page I posted is the only place on their site that whole life policies are mentioned. They seem to be focused on only offering annuities now.

She's going to give them a call tomorrow.
Seems to be a preneed company. They sometimes sell a whole life policy when people can’t afford a limited pay preneed option (like 3, 5, or 7 year pay).

I’d be surprised if any substantial changes had been made to her policy. She likely misread the letter.

So Newby i'm willing to bet going to costco or walmart much cheaper than SL's Legacy? Betty to me "SL is going to get me a discount casket". Mrs Betty Legacy is a separate company that might not even be in business when you die. Look at your bank statement and you'll notice you pay a separate premium monthly to them . They have nothing to do with your insurance policy. Its just a way to sell you a high priced policy. I'll tell you what Mrs Betty. I'll get your $3k more coverage for the same money and i'll direct you to a company were you can get your own casket for 1/2 the price of this gimmick company" . The only guarantee is you'll be able to leave your Beneficiary $3k more"

Back