Why is a LexisNexis account needed for certain carrier appointments?

Strategy101

Expert
Can someone please explain why certain carrier appointments are involved with LexisNexis? I am not understanding what the relationship is there. I just picked up an appointment and part of the process involved "applying" with LexisNexis. Why is this needed?

Thanks

LexisNexis provides the personal data insurance companies rely on, such as MVR's and credit. They hold the keys to your appointment with the carrier, and do not take this application lightly.

They will require you to have many security and privacy controls in place. Ideally, they want you by yourself in a commercial office setting, with lockable/alarmed front doors/file cabinets, a dedicated phone line to your desk, long term office lease in your name, and verifiable data protection and storage/shredding policy - to name a few. If your sharing an office, your individual office door must lock as well and they will want to see a fully executed sub lease from the main occupant. If you are using a Virtual Office, such as Regus - No Go. If you working out of your home, this takes the process to a whole new level and is very difficult to get approved and usually No Go.

Good Luck with this. They are extremely unhelpful if you have any questions and will not provide answers your your questions. I would rather deal with an IRS audit any day than deal with LexisNexis ever again.

If they order an 'inspection', DM me direct.

Dave

Back