Why Trips and Vacations -instead of Cash

Newby,

You ain't kidding about the dry counties. When I recruited in Paducah I lived in Marshall County (Dry). One of my Delayed Entry guys worked for one of the marinas and he would drive people who were staying at the resort down to McCracken County so they could purchase their liquor. He made quite a bit with that side business.

Also, while stationed there, a 70 something year old lady was busted for selling cases of beer from her back porch in Lyon County. This old lady had been busted multiple times, it seems that there was a group of guys who would go and purchase the beer, store it at her house and split the profits with her. Everyone knew that there was no way a 70 year old lady was going to jail.

Thought this discussion was on trips and vacations- instead of cash.
I like the trips! I like to socialize, hear how other agents are doing, talk to the big wigs, stay in very high class resorts and go places I would never go on my own. I like the awards and all the pictures I have as memories. Yes you do get a 1099, and I just look at the trip as compensation, the same as a commission check.

I have been on a few. They were memorable, but after a while they became boring. I don't like 'suits'. I don't like management level types from the Insurance companies. I have been in corporate management and I would rather have a sister in a whorehouse than a brother who is a VP at Allianz. ;)

I don't like 'suits'. I don't like management level types from the Insurance companies. I have been in corporate management and I would rather have a sister in a whorehouse than a brother who is a VP at Allianz. ;)

What's your sister look like and where is she? Oh wait, you weren't serious. :twitchy:

As for suits, wow, you sure went on the wrong trips. The last trip I went on in October, I drank too much expensive wine that was "forced" on me, had the purple pukes all over the marble in my hotel room, tripped over my luggage, and luckily hit the bed where I passed out. Speaking of lucky, my wife was not on that trip, but some good-looking, wine-drinking, bar floozies were.

The trips I'm talking about are FMO incentive trips with only a 2-hour meeting and 4 days of whatever else you want to do at a luxury resort, cruise or whatever. Those are fun and nobody even brings a suit.

I've been on some good ones Char, but I am tired of them. I would rather go somewhere with a few friends.

The suits I was referring to were Insurance company execs. Bean Counters who are full of self importance. FMO's tend to be a lot more laid back, and my favorite trips were the FMO trips I won to Costa Rica and the Bahamas. We knew several of the other couples and had a great time.

I just don't like/trust insurance companies, investment companies, or banks. ;) I'd rather hang out with white and blue collar rednecks.

I've got some new info for this old thread.

When the trip is outside the USA the insurance company can choose to pay the taxes for you and you do not get a W2.

I knew this happened for me several times but I didn't know it had to be outside the USA.

I just got back from that same Puerta Vallarta all inclusive 5 star resort that insurance exec posted about last year (great place) but Cincinnatti Equitable picks up all the taxes for us. NICE!
Assurant has done the same in the past but I didn't know about the outside of the US rule.

I've got some new info for this old thread.

When the trip is outside the USA the insurance company can choose to pay the taxes for you and you do not get a W2.

I knew this happened for me several times but I didn't know it had to be outside the USA.

I just got back from that same Puerta Vallarta all inclusive 5 star resort that insurance exec posted about last year (great place) but Cincinnatti Equitable picks up all the taxes for us. NICE!
Assurant has done the same in the past but I didn't know about the outside of the US rule.

It is good to have you back.

Did you play the Nicklaus course while you were down there?

I have never heard an agent talk about an increase in comission they received with utter excitement as I have heard them talk about a trip they won. Pretty much the same when you were a little kid. You remember every time you got a new bike perhaps even to this day but not everytime dad or mom flipped you some coin.

It is good to have you back.

Did you play the Nicklaus course while you were down there?

No my routine was pretty much
1. big breakfast
2. Pool
3. big lunch
4. pool
5. big dinner
6. bar

sleep and repeat
I can't figure out why my clothes don't fit anymore.

You do know the pool doesn't count as a shower, right?!?!! :1laugh:

No my routine was pretty much
1. big breakfast
2. Pool
3. big lunch
4. pool
5. big dinner
6. bar

sleep and repeat
I can't figure out why my clothes don't fit anymore.

Back