Will a doctor earn more from original Medicare or from MA

Frank -

The title of this thread is Will a doctor earn more from original Medicare or from MA

I was only commenting on the DOLLARS, not the CARE and thought I made that quite clear.

Rick

Sorry, guess I got a little off topic.

I personally don't like managed care plans because of all of the problems they have caused for so many people. Gets my dander up. Given the choice I would never opt for one regardless of the savings/cost. I don't like to be told what I or my doctor can and cannot do.

I like to know that I have choices and those choices are not dictated by an administrator sitting in an office who's only interest is in the "bottom line" without regard to what is best for me.

We are losing the ability to make our own decisions and people don't seem to care about it as long as they can save a couple of bucks.

[FONT=&quot]For those of use whom don’t own a MAC ==>[/FONT]
[SIZE=-1]
SugarCRM
is a customer relationship management software company

I use ACT!

Doctors have bills to pay and hate slow payers. They know the slow payers!
[/SIZE]

Frank, this is a poll of just one doctor but he says the opposite of what you think.

Friday I stopped in a doctor's office to see if they accept Coventy Advantra Plans for someone who's sup is too expensive but they don't qualify healthwise to change to a less expensive one.

This is a small country doctor who is almost ready to retire. He, his wife and his one staff person all came out to the reception desk to see what I was talking about. I showed them the brochure for Coventry and they just barely knew what it was.

But...they said "Is this like that Humana Gold Plan?" When I told them it was similar but it is the competetor to Humana, they said they wished EVERYONE would go on that plan. Said it is MUCH easier to get your money than Medicare is.

I was surprised to hear it. I wonder if Coventry is as good as Humana at paying doctors and making it easy to do business with them?

My understanding as well is that often these plans will pay more quickly than Medicare.

No doubt the MA will pay quicker then Medicare, problem is you can not rip them off like you can Medicare! Well, not as easily might be a better way of saying it.

Most MA's pay faster then Medicare. Most and certainly not all.

Another area I hear providers having an issue with is the back-end of MA claims. Failure to collect co-pays has led to providers not accepting or changing when they collect the co-pays (i.e. front-end).

I recognize this can and does happen with Medi only and MedSupp's with deductibles.

MedSup's for Seniors are gr8....for the ppl on fixed income that cannot afford the surprise in the mailbox when the 20% cost comes in from an MA plan!!

Most MA's pay faster then Medicare. Most and certainly not all.

Another area I hear providers having an issue with is the back-end of MA claims. Failure to collect co-pays has led to providers not accepting or changing when they collect the co-pays (i.e. front-end).

I recognize this can and does happen with Medi only and MedSupp's with deductibles.

Thats interesting you post that!

We had a hospital here that sucker punched a MA plan saying that the MA plan wasn't paying and they were looking out for their patients by dropping it.

Fact is Joe and Mary were not paying their Co-Pays and they were trying to get the company to give them more money. Basically blackmail!!

And people wonder why I hate the medical system and don't suckhole how "doctors" are not making enough money.

According to my wife who is a billing manager for a surgical practice in New York, PFFS plans are reimbursing more $$ than original Medicare would for the same procedures.:yes:

Back