Will He Have to Pay It Back?

I think "NO" court says legally dead, and the insurance company probably investigated and agreed with court.

How much was the proceeds?

I love these human interest stories... :swoon:

How much was the proceeds?

I'm not sure. I've looked online at several stories and cannot find a mention of that.

I'm sure there has to be some kind of precedent. This can't be the first time this has happened.

I read a news article that said the guy lost his home and struggled financially after she left. I doubt there was any Life Insurance payout if he lost his home due to financial troubles.

I read a news article that said the guy lost his home and struggled financially after she left. I doubt there was any Life Insurance payout if he lost his home due to financial troubles.

Maybe, though there are many people who get large paydays, whether life insurance or lottery winnings, who crash financially.

The article doesn't mention the face amout of the policy. But regardless of the face amount he obviously had to wait several years before being able to collect on the life policy since there was no body. The courts made the decision and once that was done then the insurance company would've paid. So yes, I can see how this man lost everything before the claim was paid.

Back