Will HSA Plans Be Eliminated in 17'?

I do know of one small regional carrier in my area who is designing an on exchange HSA plan for next year...Many likely won't buy that plan however as it has a network that is too expensive. Its amazing how many of my higher income people not eligible for tax credits are actually now beginning to drop their coverage, even if it is or was HSA eligible.

Even with the HSA riding along to help lesson the blow, the increased costs for higher income earners as a result of this law is just pure ugly. The uninsured are becoming the upper middle class !

what screwed up state do you sell in? all 3 regional carriers in Michigan sell them on and off the mp, and will in 2017, and yes I have mp people that have HSA..

That is not what I got from the articles. But the point I am trying to make is:

1. HSA plans (and by plans, I am inferring both the benefits and HSA account. Not the mama's who by $6K no copay plans because they are free) are bought by people who care about tax deductions
2. By definition, most people who care about tax deductions are not subsidy eligible (and if they are manipulating the MAGI, I'm not real concerned with them, anyway)
3. If you want an HSA plan, my assumption is you are not subsidy eligible, so buying Off Ex is not an issue.
4. Plans are not identical here. (Regional Issue?)
5. I'm with Ann on the income level. 400-500% are going to have major concerns next year

Why not simply have the employers help employees to fund a program?

Back