Work comp IL vs WI

I have been selling commercial insurance for about 5 years. I work on the border of IL and WI. I was told by a former agency owner in IL to set the limits at 500/500/500 as the cost was nominal and anything lower was an E&O waiting to happen. Of course, I never asked him why. Most policies in WI (very different laws) will show the min at 100/500/100. The answers I have gotten about this difference has been that WI has not seen an EL claim. And Illinois has more of them. I dont even know what that means. Can someone help.

I have been selling commercial insurance for about 5 years. I work on the border of IL and WI. I was told by a former agency owner in IL to set the limits at 500/500/500 as the cost was nominal and anything lower was an E&O waiting to happen. Of course, I never asked him why. Most policies in WI (very different laws) will show the min at 100/500/100. The answers I have gotten about this difference has been that WI has not seen an EL claim. And Illinois has more of them. I dont even know what that means. Can someone help.

Choose whatever is the minimum and put a Commercial Umbrella over the top. Case closed.

Back