Working For Farmers

You need to hook up with someone to learn the business. Check out the health agencies in the area and see if they will take you on. There have to be some big independent agencies and they are always looking for someone who will work.

The Farmers thing is something you will have to figure out on your own. Your credit will not be an issue with them because you are only going to be an agent for fulltime agent. An agency of your own? They will make sure you have not only good credit but at least $20k in the bank to live on while you are getting up and running. You have a lot to learn, so I am not suggesting you be independent, I am suggesting you go to work with/for an independent.

Check for phone book for agencies.If you are not in the Reno or Las Vegas areas you don't have a big enough market to survive without help.

thanks. Just curious, selling life/health -- are most of your sales closed over the phone or do you meet face to face. I am just wondering because I think I would do better face to face -- making the appt over the phone and then closing the deal face to face.

That is how I do it or have it done. Others here do it about anyway you can imagine. A wealth of marketing ideas here, but you are a ways from that point. There are lots of ways to skin this cat, but they all involve lots of work before you ever make your first call.

thanks. I actually have an interview with bankers life/casualty . I have read some negative things on here about them but was wondering if it will be a good place just to get training for a few months and then go on my own? If they are a complete waste of time, I would rather cancel my interview

Bankers does not have to be the long term committment you would be making at Farmers. You will learn a lot at Bankers, and some of it is skewed since they are captive to their own products and offer only what they sell. That can cause ethical difficulty when you are not necessarily selling what is best for the client. This is not a one size fits all business.

You will learn sales strategies, many of them quite aggressive. That in itself is not bad and you need exposure to closing sales, ect. I do not like Bankers because of the reasons I have already stated, but as far as I am concerned you will be better off with them than with Farmers. They stress Life and Health products while Farmers is a P&C company that also sells Life and Securities. You can starve with P&C and especially working for an agent who probably will not share much of the renewal income, but with Life and Health you have a shot at making decent money upfront.

Yeah I am in the same situation with Farmers. They are just what is said on this post. I was assigned with them as a Agent without them letting me know that I was assigned with Framers until I look up my status for my license online. I can not even get any response from the office manager no return calls or emails for questions that I had regarding my next step with them. I am going to find another company that is willing to train me the right way and help me out.

You said you lied on the interview, well guess what your DM lied to you. If you make long enuf you'll figure this one out.

Back