Workplace Marketing Question

jmatos

Guru
100+ Post Club
Arkansas
Does anyone here market small to medium sized companies to offer products to their employees, that are paid directly by the employees, via bank draft, or etc.? NOT PAYROLL DEDUCTION.

The only thing that the Employer is investing is the company time, so that his/her employees have informed and adequate insurance coverage.

The employer agrees to let you set up and allows each employee the 10-20 minutes to sign up for coverage? The plan is written as an individual policy, owned, and payed for by the employee with no employer involvement.

Wondering if this marketing technique could be effective?

Last edited:
Reality check!

Employers right now do not want to take anytime out of the work week for insurance enrollment.

So that leaves with one time a year and that is open enrollment. Guess what they employee is picking up more of the cost on the health insurance and now you get to pitch him on a voluntary benefit. What do you think is going to happen?

I have a few groups like that. The penetration is never quite as righteous as when payroll is implemented, but the 'groups' I have like that have generated a decent amount of AP/ commissions. P.S. I ONLY do that under extreme circumstances...like when the decision becomes to do it or be forced to walk away with nothing.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I have a few groups like that. The penetration is never quite as righteous as when payroll is implemented, but the 'groups' I have like that have generated a decent amount of AP/ commissions. P.S. I ONLY do that under extreme circumstances...like when the decision becomes to do it or be forced to walk away with nothing.

Last edited:
I'm trying to sell directly to the employees with the permission of the employer too.

It's very effective and why wouldn't you offer other products if you already have a relationship with the employer. Most workplace benefits can be paid for directly by the employee, but payroll deductions should be no skin off the employers nose.

i tried similar approach. But, i used a health screening provider as part of event. In the last station, after the blood test, I setup my booth and offer individual insurance. Even got in credit card machines and cash register for payment. no payroll at all completely on the employees expense. What works are really low priced items like Personal Accident and hospital plans.

Back