Would these leads be useful for agents?

Thanks for the input gents. I guess not useful lists for insurance agents after all. I guess I will stick to advertising:1wink:. It just seemed these newly licensed contractors would be prime candidates for workers comp or liability, or bonding? I guess back to the drawing board for new industry ideas. What if I prequalified these leads myself. What could I a "warm" insurance lead for? And what would constitute a prequalified or warm lead? Looking for insurance now, 30 days, 90 days, etc.?

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but I would think a contractor would have comp, CGL, bonds, etc. in place before getting a license.

Assuming of course they plan on operating above board. It varies by state & jurisdiction, but some places don't require insurance coverage, or even a contractors license. Heck, there are even some contractors that don't even have a business license.

I agree with somarco, most people are going to have insurance before they get licensed. Also on the homeowners they are going to need insurance before the mortgage company will close on the loan and most people don't want to switch insurance 1 week after signing up.

I agree with somarco, most people are going to have insurance before they get licensed. Also on the homeowners they are going to need insurance before the mortgage company will close on the loan and most people don't want to switch insurance 1 week after signing up.

I meant for life insurance policies in the amount of their new mortgages. I guess a stretch. :1baffled:

I meant for life insurance policies in the amount of their new mortgages. I guess a stretch. :1baffled:

That would be useful but there are companies doing it already. I used sales genie in the past and I could narrow my search results by zipcode, home value, and when the home was purchased. I used that for a while and tried calling on new homeowners to sell homeowners insurance and/or mortgage protection insurance (life insurance) but I didn't have much success.

If you are selling it from that angle you may be able to sell some, but you should look into your competition first. I also get solicited occassionally from companies that want to sell me a list of new homeowners or people whose policies are up for renewal. I don't know the names of those companies but maybe someone else on here does. Hopefully that helps a little.

Back