Writing Business for 2017!

I am fairly new but I pretty much work everyone until it's restraining order time. I am not rude, just constantly check in until people tell me not to. And then I ask if I can follow up in 6 months to see if anything has changed, and they always say yes and then I do. People thank me for staying on them though. I get clients all the time from what other agents would think were stale leads. And there are no small potatoes to me, renters become homeowners, liability only people buy new cars. I will get almost every person I talk to, maybe not this year, but eventually. Agents retire, rates change, a ball gets dropped. The people I can't call or email or "touch" in any other way, I just send blind quotes to with a handwritten note. I look for people in areas where I know I can kill it and I use colex dates for people that bought 3-7 years ago. Less time and they aren't ready to move, more time and they are stuck in their ways. I also blind mail apartment buildings. I have a building near my office and I have 5% of the apartments covered including the manager from 1 mailing.

I am fairly new but I pretty much work everyone until it's restraining order time. I am not rude, just constantly check in until people tell me not to. And then I ask if I can follow up in 6 months to see if anything has changed, and they always say yes and then I do. People thank me for staying on them though. I get clients all the time from what other agents would think were stale leads. And there are no small potatoes to me, renters become homeowners, liability only people buy new cars. I will get almost every person I talk to, maybe not this year, but eventually. Agents retire, rates change, a ball gets dropped. The people I can't call or email or "touch" in any other way, I just send blind quotes to with a handwritten note. I look for people in areas where I know I can kill it and I use colex dates for people that bought 3-7 years ago. Less time and they aren't ready to move, more time and they are stuck in their ways. I also blind mail apartment buildings. I have a building near my office and I have 5% of the apartments covered including the manager from 1 mailing.

Great Info . Thank You!

I figured out a way on an town assessors database that I can download streets into excel which shows the purchase date so I am picking streets in that town with nice homes and hit them on before renewal/purchase date!

Good approach just be careful sending unsolicited quotes to people. If they didn't request the quote and you run one without their permission (hence running their credit) they can report it to the DOI. I know some agents that ran into trouble with this.

Good approach just be careful sending unsolicited quotes to people. If they didn't request the quote and you run one without their permission (hence running their credit) they can report it to the DOI. I know some agents that ran into trouble with this.

Our system lets us choose a credit score without actually running anything so I usually just choose the best possible one. Its really helpful when I teach the new homebuyers classes. I show what the rate is for good credit and bad credit. Sometimes I get lazy and don't even put their name in, they just become Valued Homeowner or Valued Renter. Valued renter is nice for big buildings, then we just do one quote and make hundreds of copies and mail one to each unit.

Back