Your Thoughts on Direct Mail Campaign...

JP Savage

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Thinking about starting a new direct mail campaign. Sending 1000 postcards 2 times to exdates. Each post card has an incentive on it, such as gift card, etc. Then have someone follow up with a phone call to each lead..

please let me know what you think

I understand, and there are a lot of people who tell you that's the right thing to do. Maybe for a certain model and business focus that is the perfect strategy. For me, no one I'm looking for is going to call me from a post card because I told them I'd give them a free gift card, etc. And I use DM quite regularly.

Well who's your market? Age bands? Area? Type of Insurance?

Size of postcard? Multi-color? Whats the call to action (phone, email, website visit, mailback)

Lets start by filling in these details and THEN we can make a better contribution for you...

going after home insurance using x dates. Directing them to call in, although our website information(qr code) will be on the card. We are also using oversized color postcards.

We have the exdates for homeowners, but we start with the home and cross sell the auto. We've never really gone after the auto's alone before.

Team up with a locally owned gas station! I have a friend that owns a gas station. I pay $3 for a $5 gas card there. For everyone that gets a home/auto quote from our agency, they get a $5 gas card. My buddy takes the $2 hit because he knows that chances are they are going to buy something in addition to the gas, like cigs, drinks etc. Be careful how you market the incentive so that you stay within the parameters of your state laws regarding marketing. You don't want to loose your license trying to write a couple of policies!

We were thinking of gift cards to startbucks (5 or 10 bucks). If the response is positive maybe switch it up and try gas cards next.

Back