100 Person Story

SIM ANTIC

Expert
Based on studies by the U.S. CensusBureau, and the Social Security Administration, for every 100 people starting their careers, the following situation exists at age 65...

- 12 of them are dead

- 13 are broke with an annual income of less than 14K

- 66 are barely getting by with incomes of between 14K-65K

-And 9, just 9 have annual income of over 65K

I'd think those 9 are the ones who are financially successful, wouldn't you?

In this great country, only 9 become financially successful. You know what? These people didnt plan to wind up that way-----they sinply didn't pan....this is invaluable info to show your client.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
they simply didn't pLan

Last edited:
I heard these numbers in various forms all the time, sometimes crediting the Social Security Administration. They vary from agency to agency.

Seems like everyone is prospecting the nine who "have money." Is anyone targeting the average Joe who perhaps needs more help than Daddy Warbucks?

There is a whole presentation around the 100 person bit, and it's about getting you and/or your family into the nine who are don't live out old age in poverty. Rough Notes had a two-part article a couple years ago. Google is your friend when it isn't spying on you.

I heard these numbers in various forms all the time, sometimes crediting the Social Security Administration. They vary from agency to agency.

Seems like everyone is prospecting the nine who "have money." Is anyone targeting the average Joe who perhaps needs more help than Daddy Warbucks?

Based on studies by the U.S. CensusBureau, and the Social Security Administration, for every 100 people starting their careers, the following situation exists at age 65...

- 12 of them are dead

- 13 are broke with an annual income of less than 14K

- 66 are barely getting by with incomes of between 14K-65K

-And 9, just 9 have annual income of over 65K

I'd think those 9 are the ones who are financially successful, wouldn't you?

In this great country, only 9 become financially successful. You know what? These people didnt plan to wind up that way-----they sinply didn't pan....this is invaluable info to show your client.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
they simply didn't pLan

The presentation that has been around almost as long as the old "You Will Earn a Fortune" closes with the phrase, "These people didn't plan to fail, they failed to plan". The play on words is what gives the presentation its closing punch.

Back