$100 to be certified this year

I'm told that Aetna, Humana and Wellpoint contract with AHIP. Pyramid will allow you to use your certificate as proof and I heard that Coventry will also (neither are verified).

Yes, you pay once or if you wrote enough in 2008 Aetna will waive the fee.

I think its a great idea and wish every company would use this mode of certifying. $100 and save 20 hours of boredom.

However, you need 90% to pass so that means Ramiz is out of business!

Rick

Yes 25 apps and Aetna will wave the cost. Id pay $500 to save me from the countless hours of b.s.

Secure Horizons will not be using this service though. And theirs is by far the longest.

For a side note. If Ricks spends $100 to get certified that, will put his propective earning for AEP at around negative $100.

Ha!

I'm told that Aetna, Humana and Wellpoint contract with AHIP. Pyramid will allow you to use your certificate as proof and I heard that Coventry will also (neither are verified).

Yes, you pay once or if you wrote enough in 2008 Aetna will waive the fee.

I think its a great idea and wish every company would use this mode of certifying. $100 and save 20 hours of boredom.

However, you need 90% to pass so that means Ramiz is out of business!

Rick

I've already done my '09 re-certification with Pyramid and Coventry. I did both on line and neither charged for it. Wellcare says that we can certify on line after Sept. 15. If there is a charge, they haven't said so yet.

I tried to certify with UHC on line. They are having a computer problem with many agents and the tests won't come up. I happen to be one the agents having the problem. They say they are working on it, but, no more UHC than I do, I'm not going to go through with their certification for '09. I just won't write for them anymore. Anyway, they were not charging for the certification.

I quit writing Humana a couple of years ago, so, I won't be paying them either.

If these companies are moving to a standardized test they sure haven't informed the agents in the field.

I tried to certify with UHC on line. They are having a computer problem with many agents and the tests won't come up. I happen to be one the agents having the problem. They say they are working on it, but, no more UHC than I do, I'm not going to go through with their certification for '09. I just won't write for them anymore. Anyway, they were not charging for the certification.
Many of us have problems certifying UHC. Here's a better site - same login as the UHC site.

http://lms5.learnshare.com/

By the way, I didn't say that others are charging only that they would accept the AHIP certification so you wouldn't have to bother doing theirs.

The only ones that I know of that require AHIP where there might be a charge are Aetna, Humana and Wellpoint.

I wish you and everyone else here would learn that except for when I'm wrong, I'm always right.

Rick

Probably a dumb question but what is the website to certify for Humana and Wellcare? I did my UHC but thought I had to do a sit down class for Humana.

Probably a dumb question but what is the website to certify for Humana and Wellcare? I did my UHC but thought I had to do a sit down class for Humana.

Wellcare is wellcarepro.com. It's not available until Sept. 15 for certification. At least, that's the info I got from the FMO.

You may be right on classroom for Humana. When I wrote for them, it was always classroom.

Many of us have problems certifying UHC. Here's a better site - same login as the UHC site.

http://lms5.learnshare.com/

By the way, I didn't say that others are charging only that they would accept the AHIP certification so you wouldn't have to bother doing theirs.

The only ones that I know of that require AHIP where there might be a charge are Aetna, Humana and Wellpoint.

I wish you and everyone else here would learn that except for when I'm wrong, I'm always right.

Rick

I know you're always right, except for when you're wrong.:yes:

I think it's great that they are charging $100, they are getting rid of the riff raff! We don't need the competition!
That AHIP test is a doozy though, took me 3 hours! I couldn't flip through the pages fast enough! I think my dad (The Boss) is still working on it, day 2.
If you care enough about your client's needs, you will gladly pony up the C-Note and do what you have to do.
Good luck in Senior Season!

I had to classroom certify with Humana and I thought there was some online stuff too. I did so much of it last year I forget about the online. UHC was excessive online and it ended up that their product was not competitive and they forgot that they needed to establish a network before they could actually sell their new MA stuff in our area. Seems they called it a POS instead of a PPO. POS was supposed to mean Point of Service, but I came up with a different one... :)

Coventry in this area is classroom and online. Pyramid is online, but I doubt I certify with them again. Their customer service is great unless you actually need it.

If you don't sell enough to justify the $100 perhaps you should not be selling it?

Back