1000 names: Buying a list

honestagent

Guru
100+ Post Club
Hello to you all.

I have some questions regarding list buying and I'd like to hear from those please whom buy lists of names, addresses, and phone numbers to smile and dial.

I'm curious why some mail houses charge under $100.00 for a thousand names, addresses, and phones numbers, while others charge far more than that? I'm talking double Plus some???
(The ones I have contacted, btw, say the lists are scrubbed at least once a month per 'do not call' compliance' so I am wondering why the price difference)? One of the reps. of the mailhouses told me they pool from a more 'comprehensive' data base.
Is this true?

I thought if somebody registers on the 'do not call' that's it. It will apply to all 'data bases.'

I know I'm missing something here. If you know why there's a price difference and could please recommend questions to ask these mail houses when calling, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Who do you use, if you don't mind me asking, (if you use a mailhouse for names, addresses, and phone numbers only to buy a list from to call).

I thought a name address and phone number was just that. A lead is a lead. Apparently not?

I have some questions regarding list buying and I'd like to hear from those please whom buy lists of names, addresses, and phone numbers to smile and dial.

I have never bought lists, although I am familiar with the pricing and the content. That type of stuff is more geared towards life agents seeking high net worth clients, mortgage brokers, investment advisors, etc. than the general run of the mill individual health insurance agent.

I'm curious why some mail houses charge under $100.00 for a thousand names, addresses, and phones numbers, while others charge far more than that? I'm talking double Plus some???

The industry standard is .10 a name. Your best bet if you want quality information and are willing to pay for it can be found at Sales Genie.

One of the reps. of the mailhouses told me they pool from a more 'comprehensive' data base.

Bull$#$#! You can scrub the list yourself with the help of software and save yourself money http://www.scrubdnc.net/

I thought if somebody registers on the 'do not call' that's it. It will apply to all 'data bases.'

See the above link and http://www.junkbusters.com/fcc.html

I know I'm missing something here. If you know why there's a price difference and could please recommend questions to ask these mail houses when calling, I'd greatly appreciate it.

What demographic are you targeting (e.g., small business owners, seniors, etc.?)

Who do you use, if you don't mind me asking, (if you use a mailhouse for names, addresses, and phone numbers only to buy a list from to call).

Goleads.com until I get a physical office then it is off to salesgenie.

Thanks for the information Salpro. This is great. I've heard of Info.usa and wasn't sure why their prices were different from others. Funny thing is, one vendor was trying to charge more than Infousa, and he used Topkins, "service" as to why they're better. wtf?!?!?

Thank you again for the informative advice; and to answer your question, it's a list to buy for seniors.

Thanks for the information Salpro. This is great. I've heard of Info.usa and wasn't sure why their prices were different from others. Funny thing is, one vendor was trying to charge more than Infousa, and he used Topkins, "service" as to why they're better. wtf?!?!?

Thank you again for the informative advice; and to answer your question, it's a list to buy for seniors.

It's my pleasure. You can call me J.R. I am not familiar with the senior market, but in your case, knowing the age of a prospect is crucial to your business, whereas, it really doesn't make a difference for my business.

I have run into the same thing with pricing. The best price and service I have found is:
Diolog Marketing
877-288-3282 ext. 117
Abby Blacker

The last list I purchased was about 18 months ago. Only 21% had phone numbers. I had the list scrubbed before they sent it to me. I believe I paid about $95.00 for a list of 1,000 names. It was by age, zipcode and I believe I specified an income range.

Insurance Lists..

Although most will not want to hear this. If you are calling individuals or companies in a local area... I LOVE the YELLOW PAGES!

Individuals that do not want to be contacted will not be listed. Companies expect to get sales calls all day. AND its FREE.

If you call into a house hold and someone tells you they are on the do not call list.. apologize and before you hang up.. let them know that the FCC does not update the list but every other month or so. AND that you will remove them from "your" internal office list. Makes you sound more professional.

I have gotten a TON of business from the phone book, chamber of commerce directories and other directories!

Hope this helps!

Laurie

Lists

I meant to mention this in my last post.

If someone is needing a listing of say .. "local seniors" who does not have a lot of money to purchase lists and wants to know how to use the phone book..

Pick a last name

"SMITH"

Look at the first names for an "older sounding name"

For Example:

Bessie
Beverly
Burton
Cecil
Wilbur
Eldon
Elmer
John Sr.
James Sr.
Charles Sr.
Clifford
Clark
Claude
Clyde
Corinne
Doris
Earl
Elbert
Edwin
Ervin
Ernest
Everett
Frederick
Gilbert
George
Howard
Leon
Leonard
Lloyd
Martha
Melvin

GOOD LUCK to the senior marketers!

I meant to mention this in my last post.

If someone is needing a listing of say .. "local seniors" who does not have a lot of money to purchase lists and wants to know how to use the phone book..

Pick a last name

"SMITH"

Look at the first names for an "older sounding name"

For Example:

Bessie
Beverly
Burton
Cecil
Wilbur
Eldon
Elmer
John Sr.