10x is easier than 2x (New book By Dan Sullivan)

shawnmwalker

Guru
1000 Post Club
Colorado
The new book (10x is easier than 2x- Dan Sullivan) has me moving from a 2x mentality to a 10X mentality. No longer am I looking to the past to negotiate with myself/ determine what a 2x goal might look like.
I am not negotiating with the past version of myself.

Example, "Am I going to get out of bed and go workout to accomplish my health goals?"

Historical Shawn would say, "You know you are not a morning person! You know you won't get up early! You never have and you never will! So lets work out after work - that works too, ya know!"

Now I go to future Shawn when waking up, and say, "Let's not ask Historical Shawn if the 10X goal is possible, let's not negotiate with him, let's just go get it done!"

When my alarm goes off early now. And I don't want to get up- cause no one wants to get up, I tell myself, "I am not negotiating with you, past Shawn! You are not defined by that old Shawn. You have not made a 2x goal, you have made a 10x goal and that future Shawn needs you out of this bed, Now!.... NOW! You piece of ______, GET UP!" (At some point it goes from a healthy mental exercise to David Goggins jumping into my consciousness and he starts yelling at me in very bad language!)

Where Dan Gets going:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvOfgc40Wg4&t=1168s

Back