Is this covered? Is this covered? Is this covered?

Do you guys ever get a call from your client telling you that the carrier told them to call you about coverage when a claim happens? That absolutely infuriates me.

You receive renewal commissions, correct? Those renewal commissions are intended to be compensation for ongoing servicing of the customer, answering questions, etc. The better you are at retention, the longer you continue to collect ongoing compensation paid by said customer via the premium they were upcharged to include the added expense of renewal commissions.

It isn't like you made a hit record or invented a new prescription drug that you get to receive ongoing royalties from.

If customer begins to exceed the value of the ongoing residual renewal commissions, it is time to help them leave your agency.

Last edited:
You receive renewal commissions, correct? Those renewal commissions are intended to be compensation for ongoing servicing of the customer, answering questions, etc. The better you are at retention, the longer you continue to collect ongoing compensation paid by said customer via the premium they were upcharged to include the added expense of renewal commissions.

It isn't like you made a hit record or invented a new prescription drug that you get to receive ongoing royalties from.

If customer begins to exceed the value of the ongoing residual renewal commissions, it is time to help them leave your agency.

Ok I 100% agree. I try to fire people. And trust me I try really hard. BUT THEY WILL NOT LEAVE! What am I legally allowed to do? Can I just start raising coverages to make it more expensesive? I can't just cancel it. I wish all carriers just gave us a "non-renew" button.

Ok I 100% agree. I try to fire people. And trust me I try really hard. BUT THEY WILL NOT LEAVE!

The funniest is when I fire clients, 100% of them beg to come back. These have all been E&S clients so we just tell the broker not to issue a renewal quote and have the clients know that upon expiration, they need to find another agent.

I wish all carriers just gave us a "non-renew" button.

This is the way

The funniest is when I fire clients, 100% of them beg to come back. These have all been E&S clients so we just tell the broker not to issue a renewal quote and have the clients know that upon expiration, they need to find another agent.

This is the way

I like E/S. E/S client in my area are the cool guys. I guess in HI its different LOL!

Do you guys ever get a call from your client telling you that the carrier told them to call you about coverage when a claim happens? That absolutely infuriates me.

You're the agent. You sold him the policy. Who else should he be calling when there is no coverage?

When that happens to me it is all about, discuss this coverage that you do not have with your agent. !

Exactly.

Back