$142.50 Leads

TPAAgent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Thats right... 1000 mailers and I get back 2 cards, mail went out April 7th...

Thanks Leads2Success/Monumental... You guys are awesome!

good thing it was only $285 per 1000 instead of the usual $350 to $400. That would have sucked even harder. Direct mail returns are hit and miss at best.

If you saw the piece before it was sent, you liked it and they actually sent out 1,000 then I don't see how it could be their fault.

However, that response is extremely low even for direct mail. My first question would be whether or not they sent all of them out and my second question is how old is the list they used?

If they really did send out all 1,000 then their list may not have been updated since the turn of the century.

Direct mail sucks, it's a crap shoot, at least for Med Supps. That's why I generate my own.

Doing it myself I can sell over 90% of my self generated leads. My leads are "real" leads, they are qualified people who are ready to buy. All they cost me is a little of my time, something most agents have an overabundance of.

Direct mail sucks, it's a crap shoot, at least for Med Supps. That's why I generate my own.

Doing it myself I can sell over 90% of my self generated leads. My leads are "real" leads, they are qualified people who are ready to buy. All they cost me is a little of my time, something most agents have an overabundance of.

Frank, I read in another post where someone stated you cold call to generate leads. May I ask for some more particulars? I use aged life leads myself but essentially feel like I am cold calling anyway, so I fell I may as well save some $$ and start buying lists.

If you saw the piece before it was sent, you liked it and they actually sent out 1,000 then I don't see how it could be their fault.

Oh come on Frank, lead companies should guarantee direct mail response rates and the lead quality ;)

After reading thread after thread on here, I am convinced of the following.

Direct mail sucks! (for the agent anyway, Im thinking of starting a new business).

I would suggest a leads program like Securus, EFES, Asurea etc. Worst case there are $20+ leads, not $142.50.

There are a few agents on here that really know what they are talking about, and thousands who don't.

98% of agents are lazy (hence the failure rate), and are looking for the magic pill that has signed applications in their mailbox everyday.

If every new agent truly put in even 30 hours a week of real work, there would be far more success.

Especially data people! Have you seen that affordablemarketinglists.com guy? WAY worse than Sales Genie!

Back