2 Water loss claims 2019 and 2020

I have a prospect that had 2 water loss claims, and not is getting kicked off his current insurance carrier Stat Farm. I tried Safeco, Allstate...Foremost...all instant decline...

Are there any other options?

Water losses are tough to combat and I hate it when I see a minor claim with no payout beyond deductible. Good Luck finding a new carrier for the next 3 years

They are facing a major increase in premium with which ever carrier will take them. You are going to have to shop that one around. maybe American Modern

you may have to seek a high risk carrier via a brokerage or put them in the State Pool/Guaranty association.

What is the law in your state about non-renewing a policy? 2 claims is a bit surprising under the Essential Insurance laws of some states, but entirely possible.

You are going to have a hard time with any standard carrier wanting to write it for awhile

they are getting kicked off their policy due to the claims

You had the word "not" in your original post. Oh, I see, probably meant to type "now." :yes:

Getting non-renewed for two claims in two years appears to be illegal in Texas.

See Section 551.107 of the Texas Insurance Code:

2019 Texas Statutes :: Insurance Code :: Title 5 - Protection of Consumer Interests :: Subtitle C - Deceptive, Unfair, and Prohibited Practices :: Chapter 551 - Practices Relating to Declination, Cancellation, and Nonrenewal of Insurance Policies :: Subchapter C. Declination, Cancellation, and Nonrenewal Of :: Section 551.107. Renewal of Certain Policies; Premium Surcharge Authorized; Notice

See what the State Farm underwriter has to say about that.

Have you seen if some carriers will accept it if he gets a water leak detection system? I know we had a water loss cause a Home go from $2,000 to $8,000 and after we put the water leak detection it went down to $4,000 which is huge.

Sounds like you are indy so ask if they have a preferred vendor?

Back