2 Year Non Compete

Consider having the clients spouse own the contract. It will be a replacement yes, and must be disclosed in ALL states. The Change of owner should keep it from being a charge back item. This is if you were as earner.. if you were on a goofey finance plan.. well then they might have you by the short hairs.

I still think the problem is the same. Just for the heck of it let's say you meant "as earned" instead of "as earner", that's not the issue he's concerned with. If a policy cancels and you get a chargeback that's one thing, but he's concerned about the carrier coming back on him for stealing the business beyond that.

How long have you been doing this?

Consider having the clients spouse own the contract. It will be a replacement yes, and must be disclosed in ALL states. The Change of owner should keep it from being a charge back item. This is if you were as earner.. if you were on a goofey finance plan.. well then they might have you by the short hairs.

Yes, I know replacements must be disclosed in all states, but, in Ky, even you are not replacing, it has to be disclosed that they have a policy. You also have to submit a replacement form even when not replacing. It's kinda stupid to have to submit a form to say you are not doing something, but, it's the law here.

That means you couldn't get away with just writing a new policy and not telling the current insurer and then just dropping the other policy once the new one is issued.

My response on this was to the speculation that the company may not ever find out. They will find out. It's how they react to that is what's unknown.

Back