2014 HSA Maximums Released

Don't forget, they had to price products, 2 years in advance (for the first time I know of), that had never been built before, with modified networks in some cases, for a pool that has no experience per se(newly insured, forced UW guideline changes), competing against products from other carriers that don't exist and aren't priced, while taking into consideration a cost curve that can't be extrapolated from current data due to changing regulations.

Stabbing a moving target in the dark...

Don't forget, they had to price products, 2 years in advance (for the first time I know of), that had never been built before, with modified networks in some cases, for a pool that has no experience per se(newly insured, forced UW guideline changes), competing against products from other carriers that don't exist and aren't priced, while taking into consideration a cost curve that can't be extrapolated from current data due to changing regulations.

Stabbing a moving target in the dark...

What could go wrong!?! :arghh:

IMO, 2 years is enough to ravage reserves. It feels like they're trying to get carriers to low-ball the risk to try and get business in a highly price sensitive artificial "marketplace".

Being locked in for 2 years should be enough to make the company fold, especially when you can't clamp down on incoming business.

Single payer, here we come.

I swear I'll stop it the second you can provide me with anything from anywhere reputable saying there will be commissions. Show me anything from any carrier in any state in the nation and I'll never again even insinuate that brokers won't be able to make a living in health insurance come 1/1/14.

I would LOVE to see it, as would every broker I know. We would all be able to sleep again and plan for the future.

Zero does equal zero, but the fact that commissions inside and outside the exchange have to be equal is somewhat promising.

No.

All I want is an indication that some carrier somewhere will offer something to brokers after 1/1/14. Hell, I'll take someone's word for it if they had a carrier tell them verbally at this point.

We've known they're allowed to for years. Can and Will are not the same.

Back