2016 Certifications?

Jul 14, 2015

1. SouthernComfort

SouthernComfort Guru

State:
    Georgia
    If UHC is out of AHIP, who are they accepting for certification training?

2. vic120

vic120 Guru

State:
    Tennessee
    Themselves.You just need to do their own certification,you still need Ahip for other carriers

3. sman

sman Guru

State:
    Georgia
    They will accept AHIP in place of:

• 2016 Medicare Basics
    • 2016 Medicare Advantage Plans
    • 2016 Medicare Part D Plans (Prescription Drug Plans)

An email went out July 1st about certification and it states what I posted above. Here is the exact wording:

AHIP
    Also remember, UnitedHealthcare Medicare Solutions is accepting America's Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) certification and AHIP re-certification in place of:
    • 2016 Medicare Basics
    • 2016 Medicare Advantage Plans
    • 2016 Medicare Part D Plans (Prescription Drug Plans)

Of course, just like prior years, you still have to do the other parts of their training to be certified.

4. FLM2

FLM2 Guru

My AHIP certification transferred over to UHC for the same modules as last year, it only took about 30 minutes to finish the other ones.

I've also completed Aetna-Humana hasn't released their training yet. The only other one I have to do is Wellcare but only have a few clients on their plans so it's no big deal (and is pretty easy once you have AHIP transferred).

5. insuranceconceptscindy

insuranceconceptscindy Guru

State:
    Nevada
    It would be really nice to know who is in the market for 2016 prior to doing training. I hate that I have to scramble to do a carrier training in October after finding out they are new in the market and decent. I hate waiting until the last minute for this stuff.

6. GreenSky

GreenSky Guru

State:
    Nevada
    But even to get renewal commission you need certification. Yeah, it's that stupid.

Rick