2016 Individual Commission

True dat. Agents create extra layer of expense and admin not needed with direct or hc.gov business. GOOD agents also understand adverse selection and steer client's to plans other than lowest price

What's adverse selection again? I always forget.... ;)

UHC has released comp on E-store I believe. I got it last week. They said agents would have it this week, and one of my agencies has already called me about it, so I assume they are there.

Fine.

What's your solution?

Because what NAHU is doing now is clearly not working.

And technically, you aren't supposed to be able to move in/out at will.

The individual market is transient and they do move in/out at will. They get a job with benefits, they quit a job with benefits (or their spouse does), get married/divorced, have a baby, move around a lot, etc. Once you are on Medicare you have individual coverage only and for the most part you are locked into Medicare the rest of your life. Family coverage under 65 has a lot more moving parts.

Plus, with all the SEPS the marketplace allows now people can basically get coverage through them when they need it if they whine loudly enough (they have the power to let people on, not us agents)

I agree with some of the others. I am branching into other insurance areas because I don't think that under 65 commissions (majority of my income) will be here in a few years the way things are headed.

Carriers in my state can't take these kinds of losses forever. Cutting agent commission is low-hanging fruit for them in a market without a lot of competition.

The individual market is transient and they do move in/out at will. They get a job with benefits, they quit a job with benefits (or their spouse does), get married/divorced, have a baby, move around a lot, etc. Once you are on Medicare you have individual coverage only and for the most part you are locked into Medicare the rest of your life. Family coverage under 65 has a lot more moving parts.

Plus, with all the SEPS the marketplace allows now people can basically get coverage through them when they need it if they whine loudly enough (they have the power to let people on, not us agents)

I agree with some of the others. I am branching into other insurance areas because I don't think that under 65 commissions (majority of my income) will be here in a few years the way things are headed.

Carriers in my state can't take these kinds of losses forever. Cutting agent commission is low-hanging fruit for them in a market without a lot of competition.

So your solution is to get out. Totally reasonable.

More people for me! :)

So your solution is to get out. Totally reasonable.

More people for me! :)

Haha, not quite. I will stay in as long as the commissions I am earning are worth the time I am putting in. They still are right now, but I expect that to change. Until it does, I am sticking with it, but I am using the off-season to educate myself on other lines.

So, more like not putting all my eggs in one basket, striking while the iron is hot, getting while the gettin is good, and a bunch more old country boy sayings that I am sure apply.

Haha, not quite. I will stay in as long as the commissions I am earning are worth the time I am putting in. They still are right now, but I expect that to change. Until it does, I am sticking with it, but I am using the off-season to educate myself on other lines.

So, more like not putting all my eggs in one basket, striking while the iron is hot, getting while the gettin is good, and a bunch more old country boy sayings that I am sure apply.

Whats the individual carrier comp in Tennessee?

BCBSTN?

Hum1?

Aetna?

UH1?

Whats the individual carrier comp in Tennessee?

BCBSTN?

Hum1?

Aetna?

UH1?

BCBSTN - $12 PPPM unless you write enough and get $15 PPPM
Community Health Alliance (Co-Op) - $29 1st client and $15 for each family member

Those are the only two I have. The others don't have enough doctors in my town to even use and cost more than both of the others (at least for 2015 plans).

BCBSTN - $12 PPPM unless you write enough and get $15 PPPM Community Health Alliance (Co-Op) - $29 1st client and $15 for each family member Those are the only two I have. The others don't have enough doctors in my town to even use and cost more than both of the others (at least for 2015 plans).

Did the blues lower their comp this year or the same?

Back