2016 Individual Commission

BCBSTN has additional levels of comp beyond the $15 pp based on volume. At least they do in 2015. Who knows next year.

Speaking of Tenn..........they don't like grandfathers. It will start happening with more frequency as the old pools shrink.

BlueCross BlueShield ends individual 'grandfathered' plans

People who purchased health insurance plans with BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee before the Affordable Care Act took effect will be forced to buy new plans for 2016.

The so-called grandfathered plans will be ended even though President Barack Obama and other champions of the ACA suggested individuals enrolled in policies prior to March 23, 2010 would be able to keep their plans when pitching the law
------------
“We made the decision not to extend these grandfathered plans because it is very difficult and inefficient to support essentially two individual markets under different sets of coverage requirements,” said Danielson

Does anyone have info on Florida Blue Commissions? I know it's a little different for South Florida than for the rest, but any info would be helpful.

Speaking of Tenn..........they don't like grandfathers. It will start happening with more frequency as the old pools shrink.

BlueCross BlueShield ends individual 'grandfathered' plans

People who purchased health insurance plans with BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee before the Affordable Care Act took effect will be forced to buy new plans for 2016.

The so-called grandfathered plans will be ended even though President Barack Obama and other champions of the ACA suggested individuals enrolled in policies prior to March 23, 2010 would be able to keep their plans when pitching the law
------------
“We made the decision not to extend these grandfathered plans because it is very difficult and inefficient to support essentially two individual markets under different sets of coverage requirements,” said Danielson

Yep. the calls are trickling in, the letters went out Sept 30 I think for the 90 day notification. I don't even have 2016 pricing to give them right now since we won't know the exact rates for another couple of weeks. I can estimate, but you know how that goes.

:err:

I'm in PA and our commission is pretty terrible here. 3.4% with our blue in 2015, but it's going to 4% in 2016 (i'm excited). And we have Aetna at $18 PMPM.

I was looking at UHC's 2016 commissions. Looks like their paying 11% commission down in South Carolina! I was kinda shocked so high. Anyone know the deal down there on why the commission is so good (and sucks in most other places)?

Almost makes me wanna pick up a SC insurance license...

in SC, only in 5 counties on-exchange this year... premiums will be poor in 4 of the 5 counties, and in the 5th, only fair... not a competitive product based on initial rates

Yep. the calls are trickling in, the letters went out Sept 30 I think for the 90 day notification. I don't even have 2016 pricing to give them right now since we won't know the exact rates for another couple of weeks. I can estimate, but you know how that goes.

:err:

I feel you completely. I tried to contact all mine to let them know about the letter and everyone wanted to know their options. "I won't know until November 1st" was my best answer. It sucks being in the dark.

BCBS LA I am half tempted to file a law suit against.

I have a formal complain with DOI and CMS pending

CMS has to stop forcing me to display all carriers, even those with $0 commission or refuse to give me a contract.

If you refuse to give me a contract, I have every legal right to block you from being displayed.

I really need to pursue this matter further. CMS rules must be changed.

Back