2024 Drug List

Adding Restasis to the "shoot me now" list PITA drugs. Medicare.gov is wrong. Search and Save is wrong. They only have the vials. Generic shows not covered except at Wellcare. Brand is too much on vials vs bottles.

Go the carrier websites, use BOTTLES and its cheap. SS Smart is at $31/month. Confirmed at Walgreens, CVS and Kroger that bottles are available.

Adding Restasis to the "shoot me now" list PITA drugs. Medicare.gov is wrong. Search and Save is wrong. They only have the vials. Generic shows not covered except at Wellcare. Brand is too much on vials vs bottles.

Go the carrier websites, use BOTTLES and its cheap. SS Smart is at $31/month. Confirmed at Walgreens, CVS and Kroger that bottles are available.

https://www.mapleleafmeds.com/drug/restasis/

Ok, I am through 300 lists and ready to call it. I'm TX based, so this is a TX answer. And remember that 80% of my clients either pay IRMAA or appeal IRMAA.

1. My current SS Smart people are staying put. I tell them about the Wellcare 50 cent plan, but its not enough annual savings at this point to justify moving to a company/plan that has been fined by CMS multiple times for poor service and 1 star ratings. Most of them had it prior to 2023 and if I don't get paid, oh well.
2. The SS Smart drug list is horrific. I can't believe it got approved, but whatever. All I can do is advise people and remind them that they get what they pay for. But when you are happy with a plan, got a $3 increase and the deductible decreased, that's a tough sell. Plus, moving to WELLCARE.
3. Cigna is coming in consistently in the top 3, but not having Kroger is really hurting them. I have zero Cigna so far.
4. I am selling/renewing the crap out of the BCBSTX Choice plan. Even with a $9 premium increase, no one cares. The drug list is stellar. Interestingly, Walgreens and HEB are preferred, but CVS pricing is super close to Walgreens. Which is perfect for the SS Choice people who went from $24 to $41.
5. SS Choice is nowhere to be found.
6. Mutual of Omaha AND Wellcare both have some drugs I can't get covered elsewhere. Zioptan for MOO and...I can't remember what it is for Wellcare, but there are 2 clients going there for specific drugs that are only covered at Wellcare, according to both Medicare.gov and Wellcare website.
7. Humana and UHC are nowhere to be found. Which is interesting, since they are at the top of MAPD enrollment.
8. The trend continues for MAPD vs Part D pricing differential.
9. My UHC MAPD people are holding. My Humana MAPD people are pissy about increased copays and the MOOP. Moving them to BCBSTX or they are holding. I've got a THR/UHC MAPD nextwork issue looming for July 1.
10. I used Search and Save for the intake, but not running plans. Its worked about 90% of the time and well worth the $50/month. We are continuing to use Medicare.gov. I get a lot of positive feedback on this and it won't be changing.
11. Elixir and Amerivantage Part D plans are gone in TX and the members were NOT enrolled into a plan. These members have until 1/31 (it may be 2/28, but not sure if its a Medicare Termination (2/28) or Plan Termination (1/31), so safe answer is 1/31) I am absolutely disgusted with CMS over this issue. I have to get 457 forms signed showing I can be an agent and they are allowing people to not have a drug plan next year. So much for protecting some of our most vulnerable citizens-seniors with un-diagnosed dementia.
I AM LIVID OVER THIS OVERSIGHT.

Im very suprised you have so many higher income clients . You must be heavily involved with business owners . 90% of middle to upper income clients I run into have sups or mapd thru there work . All state and federal employees have this . The top 100 corporations who employee 10’s of millions offer this . They use the Aon’s of the world to accomplish this .

Im very suprised you have so many higher income clients . You must be heavily involved with business owners . 90% of middle to upper income clients I run into have sups or mapd thru there work . All state and federal employees have this . The top 100 corporations who employee 10’s of millions offer this . They use the Aon’s of the world to accomplish this .

I network with financial planners.

They hate MAPD's. They want their clients on Med Supps and that includes retirees that get MAPD through their employers. Raytheon moved to MAPD and my phone blew up. TRS plan is an idiotic MAPD. So is the new UT Retiree MAPD. And a T65 can get UHC/AARP Plan G and Part D cheaper than the TRS or UT plan.

Aon was created by Towers Watson (I think?) to move their Jumbo clients onto a new plan, where they get to keep the commish coming.

Aon was created by Towers Watson (I think?) to move their Jumbo clients onto a new plan, where they get to keep the commish coming.

Aon is an insurance company . . . Towers Watson owns One Exchange that handles many large employer retiree health insurance plans and HRA

Can't say . . . they bought WFG a few years ago . . . could have bought Combined as well. I can't keep up with the buy outs and mergers
Founded in Chicago by Patrick Ryan, Aon was created in 1982 when the Ryan Insurance Group merged with the Combined Insurance Company of America. In 1987, that company was renamed Aon from aon, a Gaelic word meaning "one". The company is globally headquartered in London with its North America operations based in Chicago at the Aon Center.

Back